The Research Panel Lead will manage and grow Scope’s Research Panel
Day to day management of the Research Panel’s online portal (currently Questback).
Development of the online platform to ensure the best possible experience for panellists and the best possible research outcomes.
Growth and Marketing of the panel to which aligns with the growth of projects, whilst maintaining a panellists-first model currently in place.
Leading the Research Panel response to projects: Quality control and confirming all recruitment requirements to a successful outcome for Scope and the panellists
Management of the Panel Officer to a successful level and provide growth opportunities
Lead on project management and tasks within Panel team to maximise capacity and ensure consistency in approach and process.
Lead with external Panel providers for large, ad-hoc, external project requests.
Overall responsibility for the wellbeing and safeguarding of panellists.
Overall responsibility for management of personal information (PI) in-line with GDPR compliance. With an overall goal to be ISO compliant in approach.
Promoting the Research Panel internally:
- Encouraging better insights and cost-saving by using the Panel for a larger proportion of Scope’s research;
- Encouraging co-production through the Panel;
- Improving the customer journey for disabled people (or disabled households) who have used Scope’s support services and want to take part in research.
Promoting the Research Panel externally:
- Advancing the Panel’s consultancy offering with a wide variety of businesses and organisations;
- Attending network events;
- Collaborating on pitches for one off and on going research.
The Panel Lead will collaborate with colleagues across Strategy, Impact and Social Change, Scope’s support services, User Experience and Optimisation, Fundraising, and more.
- Experience of working in research and/or running a Research Panel.
- Strong understanding of market research methodologies (quantitative and qualitative) and best practice.
- Experience coordinating research projects through their entire life cycle: briefing, setup, fieldwork, and delivery.
- Understanding of co-production within research and delivery.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Experience (or knowledge) of GDPR and other data protection, along with safeguarding.
- Excellent people skills with panellists, colleagues and external contacts.
- Able to set and meet research deadlines.
- Clear communication and writing skills, including content design.
- Able to line manage and train a full-time team member, and maintain an agile working relationship
- Experience (or knowledge) of operating a Research Panel using a digital platform
- Good IT literacy and skills with standard Microsoft programs (particularly Excel) and the core research tools
- Willingness to learn Big Data principles that will align with our migration into a CRM environment
- Willingness to learn and use digital tools by the Insight team (currently the likes of Questback, Wizu, Turning Technologies, Validately, Office 365 research solutions).