Retail area manager
- Birmingham, West Midlands
- £30,000 to £32,000 per year
- 35 hours per week (Monday to Friday)
- Full time, permanent
Working at Scope
- Be a disability gamechanger
- 35 days holiday per year
- Discounts at gyms, shops, theatres and more.
We are looking for an area manager in retail to cover a number of shops in Birmingham and the surrounding areas.
Our Area Managers provide line management, supervision and support to a team of shop managers and other staff as assigned and are expected to profitably manage a number of shops, typically 15 to 20, within a designated geographical area.
You will be required to travel extensively including some overnight stays, Saturdays and other additional hours as required and ideally live in the area you are responsible for managing.
You must have experience of:
- Substantial retailing – including multi-site management.
- Fashion retail.
- Managing staff including shop managers.
- Recruiting and developing staff.
- Recruiting and retaining volunteers.
- Health and Safety.
You must have the ability to:
- Work on your own initiative
- Identify commercial opportunities and maximise income.
- Set and monitor budgets.
- Build, develop and maintain a high performance team
- Plan and prioritise own work and others.
- You must also have experience of using administrative systems and procedures, databases and spreadsheets prioritising your workloads to deadlines. You must be able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing to answer and resolve queries and you must be able to deal with sensitive and confidential information in the appropriate manner.
Successful applicants will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Equality and inclusion are at the heart of Scope’s mission and we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace with equality of opportunity for everyone.
We welcome applications from disabled people and guarantee interviews to disabled applicants who meet the minimum job criteria. Please let us know in your application if you would like to be considered for this.