Retail Creative Lead
- The role is home based with travel to Scope’s head office in Stratford for meetings as required.
- £30,000 - £35,000 per year
- 21-28 hours per week (Monday to Friday)
- Part time, 12 Months Fixed Term Contract
Working at Scope
- Be a disability gamechanger
- 27 days holiday per year
- Flexible working
- Discounts at gyms, restaurants and more
The Retail Creative Lead is a specialist new role in our new Customer Proposition team. It is responsible for researching, engaging, and collaborating with suppliers such as artists, designers, and manufacturers to develop pioneering new products to sell in our shops and online that generate income and bring the Scope brand to life.
Key accountabilities and responsibilites:
- Research new product opportunities for Scope – for instore and online – that fit our goals and campaigns and that will increase income and brand awareness.
- Work collaboratively with Scope’s Brand and Marketing team to ensure brand alignment with all new product.
- Proactively approach designers, artists and manufacturers identified as fitting with our goals to engage and ultimately bring on board.
- Collaborate with our chosen suppliers to create new product that will increase income and brand awareness to sell in our stores and new online shop.
- Work hand in hand with Scope’s Retail Commercial Lead
- Manage design/print processes of products to completion.
- Quality control of all products purchased/ created via sampling and stock checking.
- Keep abreast of new trends and products enabling Scope to be first to market of new initiatives.
- Act as the brand champion for Retail.
Scope's Retail Commercial Lead
Retail Operations team
Scope's Brand and Marketing team
Scope's Campaign team
Retail field team, including Divisional Managers, Area Managers, Shop Management
Artists and designers - with a particular focus on disability
Knowledge and experience
- Experience of working within brand and design environments.
- Experience of product design for retail
- Demonstrable knowledge of latest and upcoming design trends.
- Experience of working with suppliers, artists, manufacturers, and printers.
- Knowledge of product manufacturing processes
- Disabled or lived experience of disability.
- Already connected with disabled designers, artists, and suppliers who we could approach to come on board and work with Scope.
Skills and competencies
- Skilled using Photoshop, In Design or other design packages.
- Experience of design, design management and product design
- Excellent interpersonal skills: ability to work collaboratively, build relationships and communicate with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills and attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and problem solve, able to prioritise workload and deliver results consistently on-time and within budget.
- Demonstrable understanding of brand and brand management.
- Ability to understand Scope’s strategy and goals, whilst demonstrating a commitment to meeting those.
- Delivery focused with a passion for quality and innovation.
- Can do, proactive, flexible, and adaptable attitude.
- Willingness to step in and help team members during busy periods,
- Understanding of accessible design