Retail New Partnerships Manager
The role is home based with regular travel to meet with potential new partners with the potential for overnight stays. Also, to Scope’s head office in Stratford for meetings as required (pending lockdown restrictions etc.). - Closes on 28/08/2021
- As above
- £38,000 - £40,000 per year
- 35 hours per week (Monday to Friday)
- Full time, 12 Months Fixed Term Contract
Working at Scope
- Be a disability gamechanger
- 27 days holiday per year
- Flexible working
- Discounts at gyms, restaurants and more
The Retail New Partnerships Manager is accountable for developing and driving forward a new partnerships strategy. They will create a pipeline of new corporate support which will generate stock for Scope to sell in our shops and online. The role will work alongside the Retail Partnerships Lead to implement the strategy and maximise existing corporate donations.
Main responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Create a robust engagement strategy for national and local prospects.
- Work collaboratively with Scope’s Marketing, Communications and Corporate Partnerships teams to develop on-brand collateral to engage potential new partners.
- Work collaboratively with internal stakeholders, including Scope’s Trustees and Executive Leadership Team to develop a pipeline of new support.
- Lead on developing and delivering high quality pitches to prospects.
- Work collaboratively with Scope’s Corporate Partnerships team
- Develop a seamless process to hand over all confirmed new partners to Scope’s Retail Partnerships Lead to account manage.
- Drive delivery of the annual corporate donations target.
Retail Corporate Partners Lead
Scope’s Corporate Partnerships team
Scope’s Executive Leadership Group (ELT)
Scope’s Leadership Group
Scope’s Marketing team
Retail field team, including Divisional Managers, Area Managers, shop colleagues.
Scope’s Warehouse team (Manchester)
Marketing Directors from potential new corporate partners
Scope’s current corporate partners
Knowledge and experience
- Experience of working in a new business role and / or of building and securing new partnerships with companies.
- Track record of delivering against targets.
- Strategic thinking – to develop a program of corporate donations to enable shops and online to deliver their targets
- Demonstrable resilience and problem-solving experience
- Demonstrable experience of engaging with and influencing senior stakeholders.
- Disabled or lived experience of disability.
- Experience of working in the third sector.
- Experience of charity retail
Skills and competencies
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent relationship-building skills
- Possesses an engaging style and the ability to win hearts and minds through story telling.
- Commercially minded with ability to identify further opportunities for Scope
- Ability to deliver pitches and presentations in a confident, engaging way.
- Possesses analytical thinking skills.
- Excellent influencing and negotiating skills.
- Commercial awareness
- Ability to think creatively and see new ways to develop existing opportunities and find new routes to market.
- Ability to understand Scope’s strategy, goals and values and translate these into appealing communication to drive brand awareness and new business opportunities.
- Demonstrates awareness, diplomacy, sensitivity, and empathy with the issues of disability and independence.
- Experience of managing projects