Retail Strategy Delivery Lead
The role is field-based and requires extensive travel throughout England and Wales with some overnight stays. Base location is home - Closes on 30/08/2021
- As above
- £30,000 - £35,000 per year dependent on experience
- 35 hours per week (Monday to Friday)
- Full time, 12 Months Fixed Term Contract
Working at Scope
- Be a disability gamechanger
- 27 days holiday per year
- Flexible working
- Discounts at gyms, restaurants and more
The Retail Strategy Delivery Lead is responsible for co-ordinating and managing the delivery of key strategic projects across the Retail estate, both in shops and through our online business. Ensuring results are delivered within the specified tolerances of time, budget, quality, scope, and risk. The role is one of two designed to support the Retail team to deliver its 3-year strategy.
Main responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Project manage discreet pieces of work, end to end (from conception to closure) working closely with the Head of Retail and/ or Head of Customer Proposition. Initial projects will be linked to shop set ups and refurbishments as well as the growth of Scope’s online business. But are likely to evolve as the strategy matures.
- Work collaboratively across Scope, identifying, engaging, and influencing the key stakeholders connected to each project/ piece of work.
- Monitor and report progress on key project milestones, activities and progress and escalate any slippage.
- Develop and maintain key project documents including project plans, logs of risks, issues, and lessons learned.
- Identify improvements to systems or practices and communicate to the Head of Retail and/ or Head of Customer Proposition
- Undertake business analysis and produce reports as required.
- Work flexibly to support the team through periods of pressure and change.
Retail field team, including Divisional Managers, Area Managers, shop management colleagues and volunteers.
Retail Ops team
HR and Finance
Head of Continuous Improvement - working closely to ensure project progress and status is fed into the overall Retail plan. And to establish a consistent way of managing projects using an Agile mindset and practices.
Suppliers and partners related to Scope’s retail operation, e.g., shop designers and fitters, marketing agencies, IT and Digital agencies, community organisations.
Other charity retailers - networking with to learn from others and share our work and approach.
Knowledge and experience
- Knowledge and experience of using project management practices to deliver work within the specified tolerances of time, budget, quality, scope, and risk.
- Experience in setting up an operation from scratch, e.g., a new shop opening.
- Experience in supporting colleagues through change and an understanding of change management approaches.
- Experience in creating and communicating robust business cases.
- Knowledge of and experience of using co-production to deliver products and services.
- Knowledge of health and safety legislation, including manual handling and safe storage of stock.
- Project management qualification, e.g., Prince 2 or Agile
- Experience in rolling out future store concepts.
- Experience of working in the charity retail sector.
- Experience of being involved with a brand re-launch(s).
- Knowledge and experience of working in an online sales environment.
- Experience working with bought-in goods.
- Knowledge of Agile principles and practices.
- Disabled or lived experience of disability.
- Understanding of the social model of disability.
Skills and competencies
- Excellent interpersonal skills: ability to build relationships, communicate with and influence a wide range of stakeholders.
- Ability to write and present in an engaging style, translating information appropriately for a wide range of audiences.
- Analytical skills: the ability to collect and analyse information, problem-solve, and make decisions.
- Ability to work collaboratively across Scope’s different departments and teams.
- Full, clean UK driving license.
- Knowledge of accessible design and experience of implementing this in shops.