Over the next four years Scope’s services will directly reach two million people, driving change for many of the 14 million disabled people in the UK.
Scope depends on support from many hundreds of thousands of people to achieve strategic goals. In order to achieve these ambitions, Scope needs to diversify income streams to drive financial supporters from a wider portfolio.
An example of this is the multiple award-winning Mindful Monsters subscription product which connects Scope supporters and the cause through mindfulness play for children and their families.
We are investing in an innovation project to improve the profitability of this product. In addition to managing the retention of existing customers, this role will be responsible for leading on this project and all other new product development at Scope.
This is a truly exciting role helping to support Scope’s ambitious strategy of Everyday Equality to drive change for the 14 million disabled people living in the UK.
What we are looking for – in summary:
An innovator. We are looking for someone with a keen interest in the charity market who is open to new ideas for raising money, driven by audience insights and market trends. Someone with a passion and good understanding of developing and managing retention activity including; supporter journey development and optimisation, retention modelling, campaign/account/project management, and content management to engage and inspire supporters.
An inspiring project manager. We are looking for someone who can build relationships and work effectively across numerous teams, stakeholders and external agencies.
A target driven and creative individual who loves a challenge and is focused like we are on Everyday Equality.
Sound like you? Then please read on.
Main responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Project managing an innovation sprint to increase profitability of Scope’s subscription product, exploring new and existing options for target audience, brand, creative development, supporter journey and infrastructure.
- Managing the relationship with innovation partners and creative agencies.
- Mapping out and testing supporter journeys and building communication plans to support this.
- Ensuring the timely fulfilment of regular communications via mail, email and social media.
- Evaluating work/progress on a regular basis, reporting to the team and managers as appropriate.
- Ensuring that KPIs are met, and costs are all within agreed targets.
- Working closely with the supporter care, social media, and the community fundraising teams to grow engagement and ensure positive supporter service through existing social media, digital, and offline channels.
- Keeping up to date with news and trends relating to the external market and opportunities for NPD.
Grade specific competencies:
- To utilise volunteers appropriately within the department
- Manage own workload
- Budget Control
- No line management
Mandatory for all staff:
- To work seamlessly across department or team boundaries in a collaborative and constructive manner to implement Scope’s strategic direction
- To demonstrate a commitment to customer service excellence and deliver against the requirements of Scope’s quality framework.
- To work within Scope’s policies and procedures
Fundraising and Engagement Senior Leadership Team
Staff and volunteers across Scope
All internal teams with supporter innovation requirements and opportunities
Marketing suppliers and contractors
Corporate partners and other funders
Customers of our shops and services
Donors and supporters
Agencies and innovation think tanks
- No specific qualifications required. Focus is on skills, experience and an obvious appetite for continued personal development.
Knowledge and experience
- Demonstrable experience of mapping and planning customer journeys.
- Experience of using and collecting supporter insight to inform campaign planning and deliver targeted supporter experience.
- Experience of monitoring return on investment of retention activity and other key performance indicators.
- Management of external agencies, including managing and mitigating risks and issues.
- Experience of working collaboratively with internal teams to maximise cause and product opportunities.
- Experience of working with data for fundraising and marketing purposes, through either using a database to select and segment data or by producing briefs to do so.
- Experience in the development and delivery of acquisition and retention campaigns across a range of digital channels (including but not limited to mail, email, phone and social media).
- Demonstrable experience of content planning and managing community pages within social media.
- Good understanding of social media and how it fits into the overall customer experience.
- Understanding of analytics and reporting systems, including Google Analytics, to interpret and improve performance.
- Experience of writing compelling copy within brand and tone of voice guidelines.
- Understanding of using A/B testing within digital campaigns to ensure they are optimised and continuously improved.
- Experience of writing and presenting reports into digital activity performance.
- Passion for digital marketing and desire to learn and gain further experience.
- Experience of financial processing systems.
- Experience of affiliate marketing.
- Understanding of the social model of disability.
- Experience of working on innovation pipelines for developing campaigns, projects or products.
- Experience of presenting to a range of audiences including senior members of staff.
Skills and competencies
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and creativity to achieve desired outcomes.
- Ability to plan, monitor and implement projects/events/initiatives to agreed deadlines.
- Ability to deliver high quality customer/donor focused communications
- Flexible and adaptable – responding positively to change.
- Highly organised, used prioritising and working to tight deadlines
- Well-developed ability to successfully negotiate with others to achieve desired outcomes.
- Proven ability to build, manage and develop positive relationships within an organisation and externally, and achieve objectives through these relationships.
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills to understand, interpret and present complex information in a clear and persuasive way for a range of audiences.
- Ability to write compelling creative and project briefsof affiliate marketing.