Senior Individual Giving Fundraiser
- Stratford, London
- £37,407 per year
- 35 hours per week (Monday to Friday)
Working at Scope
- Be a disability gamechanger
- 27 days holiday per year
- Flexible working
- Discounts at gyms, restaurants and more
As Senior Individual Giving Fundraiser, you’ll work as part of the Public Fundraising team responsible for managing a portfolio of Individual Giving campaigns from inception through to evaluation to generate funds, improve engagement and increase life time value of existing supporters.
The Individual Giving team generates over £9m of unrestricted income from new and existing supporters by:
- Managing supporter journeys and direct marketing campaigns to recruit, retain and develop existing supporters to maximise their life time value
- Providing an insight-led, audience-focused and rewarding supporter experience that is grounded in bringing about social change
- Developing products and fundraising propositions to inspire new and existing audiences
- Ensuring all campaigns are compliant, on budget, brand and schedule
This is a crucial role responsible for the day to day management and delivery of a section of the Individual Giving programme.
Main responsibilities and accountabilities:
- To create, develop and deliver individual giving journeys, from welcome through to win back, across numerous direct response channels (including email, mail, SMS and phone)
- To work closely with the acquisition and product development teams to ensure all new or re-engaged audiences have a consistent experience of Scope.
- To support the Audience and Journeys Lead to develop and implement Scope’s engagement strategy to imbed an audience led approach to creating supporter journeys that are data driven, measurable and integrated across the organisation.
- To work alongside our CRM partners to ensure journeys can be automated wherever possible.
- To work across department and organisation to identify trends and opportunities for cross-selling and upselling between products.
- To take responsibility for the email journey for numerous audiences. Providing insight from across the organisation and beyond to ensure content is relevant and consistent. Provide analytics and reporting on email performance and testing. Organise fortnightly planning sessions and coordinate the team to deliver various communications.
- To be responsible for developing and managing a range of Individual Giving campaigns from inception through to evaluation, meeting agreed targets across the portfolio of activity. You will use a variety of channels including direct mail, telemarketing and email.
- To be the project lead on all your campaigns, coordinating a number of different stakeholders and suppliers, making sure everyone is aware of their own deadlines and responsibilities, and that all targets and KPIs are met.
- To ensure each communication has a strong and genuine story at its heart and to offer insight-led supporter-focused feedback throughout the creative process.
- To review and manage online supporter content to ensure the online platform is delivering a relevant and user-friendly experience for supporters.
- To understand Scope’s different audiences and to ensure all communications are inspiring and relevant to each audience.
- Sector knowledge
- To stay updated on activity across the sector, and use this insight to contribute to Scope’s supporter engagement strategy.
- Agency management
- To manage the relationship with external suppliers, managing the regular reports, conducting quarterly planning sessions, and being the lead contact for day-to-day activity.
- To coordinate data selections and be responsible for managing complex data for marketing purposes.
- To ensure data is handled sensitively and confidentially, and is GDPR compliant.
- To update campaign results weekly and provide dashboards of analysis.
- To present analysis to all relevant stakeholders, and to work together to develop a test and learn programme.
- To manage project budgets, ensuring campaigns are fulfilled cost-effectively
- To raise purchase orders and process invoices via our financial processing system.
- To ensure fundraising campaigns are delivered to a high standard meeting all regulatory requirements. This includes overseeing mystery shopping, call listening and compliance.
To be adaptable within the role, and responsive to the needs of the wider team. To support (and lead where appropriate) across a wide range of Individual Giving activity, where needed.
Mandatory for all staff
- To work seamlessly across department or team boundaries in a collaborative and constructive manner to implement Scope’s strategic direction
- To demonstrate a commitment to customer service excellence and deliver against the requirements of Scope’s quality framework.
- To work within Scope’s policies and procedures
- Other supporter focused-teams
- All managers across Fundraising and Engagement
- Other key contacts at Scope
- Supporters of Scope
- Members of the public
- External Lottery Manager
- Suppliers (for example fundraising agencies, fundraising organisations and their teams)
- Membership bodies, for example Institute of Fundraising
No specific qualifications required
- Direct experience of campaign managing a range of direct marketing activities including direct mail, email and telephone.
- Experience of success in delivering results as set out in a departmental budget.
- Experience of managing external agencies and internal stakeholders to deliver successful campaigns.
- Experience of monitoring and reporting of results and other financial data, including Google Analytics.
- Experience of working with data for fundraising purposes, either in using a database to select and segment data or of producing briefs to do so.
- Experience of influencing other members of staff and external agencies
- Experience of presenting to a range of audiences including senior members of staff.
- Experience of working to a busy schedule, managing a number of campaigns simultaneously
- Experience of using supporter insight to influence successful direct marketing.
- Working knowledge of fundraising compliance and data protection regulations
- Experience of writing compelling fundraising copy
- Experience of managing a budget.
- Demonstrable understanding of the social model of disability
- Skills and competencies
- Ability to apply effective numeracy skills in entering and recording financial data, interpreting, analysing and presenting financial data in clear and accurate format to meet desired outcomes.
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills to understand, interpret and present complex information in a clear and persuasive way for a range of audiences.
- Proven ability to build, manage and develop positive relationships within an organisation and externally, and achieve objectives through these relationships.
- Well-developed ability to successfully negotiate with others to achieve desired outcomes.
- Ability to plan, monitor and implement projects/events/initiatives to agreed deadlines often with conflicting priorities.
- Proven ability to demonstrate initiative and creativity to achieve desired out