- £20,000 - £23,000 per year
- Full time, including evening and weekend shift work
- Full time, Permanent
Working at Scope
- Be a disability gamechanger
- 27 days holiday per year
- Flexible working
- Discounts at gyms, restaurants and more
The Warehouse Lead is responsible for managing the operation of Scope’s new warehouse. The role will oversee incoming and outgoing stock, ensuring that it is handled in the most efficient way, adhering to all health and safety procedures. The Warehouse Lead will be a key stakeholder in ensuring we provide the best customer journey possible.
Main responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Manage the day-to-day running of the warehouse.
- Manage a team of Warehouse Assistants.
- Maintain a high level of housekeeping within the warehouse.
- Comply with Health and Safety legislation, promoting high standards and acting immediately on hazards and unsafe practices.
- Work with online sales colleagues to ensure our customers receive excellent customer service when shopping online with Scope.
- Cover the workload of warehouse colleagues during periods of absence or peak workloads.
- Work with online sales and field team colleagues to seek feedback and continuously improve warehouse processes.
- Ensure that key KPI’s for processing and pick/packing stock are met.
Scope’s Online Sales Lead and Listers
Retail Logistics team
Retail field team, including Divisional Managers, Area Managers, shop colleagues and van drivers.
Suppliers of new product
Contacts from corporate partners who donate stock to Scope
Knowledge and experience
- Experience of leading a team in the warehousing / logistics sector.
- Good knowledge and experience of applying health and safety legislation.
- Understanding and experience of using service level agreements
- Experience of improving processes based on customer feedback
- Experience of using ecommerce/ fulfilment software, such as Shopiago.
- Experience and knowledge of operating warehouse equipment.
- Retail experience
- Experience of shift work
Skills and competencies
- Good communication skills
- Good planning and time management skills
- Ability to work collaboratively.
- Ability to motivate people.
- Good customer service skills.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Ability to be ‘hands on’
- A resilient problem solver, with a positive attitude.
- Ability to seek feedback from internal customers and continuously improve processes.
- Ability to work any 5 of 7 days in the week, including weekends.
- Ability to review productivity KPI’s for the warehouse team.
- Full driving licence