New product and innovation manager person specification
Job title: New product and innovation manager
Reports to: Head of digital engagement strategy
Department: Marketing, fundraising and communications
Salary: £40,000 - £45,000 per year
Direct reports: None
Budget/Resource responsibility: yes
Good level of general education - A level or equivalent
Knowledge and experience
Product / Campaign Development:
- In-depth knowledge of innovation processes and techniques and an understanding of how these kinds of projects can lead to change and create sustained impact
- Has developed, launched and been responsible as the income owner of new campaigns / products to market, where acquisition and sustained income has been a key objective
- Can give practical examples of having been responsible for 'innovative' thinking.
- Finger on the pulse in terms of innovation throughout the NFP and commercial sector.
- Proactive entrepreneur approach to ‘join-the-dot’s’, get the most from an opportunity, and see the ‘bigger picture’
- Excellent project management skills
- Able to innovate on a shoe string
Measurement & Insights:
- Understanding of digital marketing tools, tactics and measurement strategies
- Passion for consumer and competitor insight and proven track record of using this to build engagement.
- Can confidently discuss, challenge and understand measurement plans for marketing activities based upon past learnings, defined objectives, KPI’s, targets and potential audience segments.
- Experience of conducting audience research and using it to inform stages of product development
- Confidence with Google Analytics and how it can be used to uncover useful data insights
- Effective Communicator
- Experience of training others
- Experience of managing multiple stakeholders and communicating appropriately to them
- Approachable, open and collaborative. Ready to help and support others to achieve their goals.
- Effective champion and influencer
- Agile certified and / or understands the principles of agile methodology
- Experience of digital UX and web development projects
- Experience of running workshops
- Knowledge of advertising and marketing legal compliance, accessibility and usability standards.
- Can use insight tools such as Google Trends, adwords traffic estimator, and econsultancy to identify market trends and opportunities
- Demonstrable understanding of the social model of disability
Passionate and ambitious, determined to drive change and make things happen.
Single minded in your desire to achieve equality for disabled people. Not afraid to fail fast and learn quickly – brave enough to give new things a go.
Listens, talks and shares. Achieves through connecting and collaborating, both internally and externally.
Open to new ideas and honest with others.
Values, respects and supports diversity, skill, and expertise. Takes responsibility for their actions and supports others to achieve.