New products and innovation manager job description
Job title: New products and innovation manager
Reports to: Head of digital engagement strategy
Directorate: Marketing, fundraising and communications
Salary: £40,000 to £45,000 per year
Direct reports: None
Budget/Resource responsibility: Yes
This role is a maternity cover, and we are looking for someone to continue our innovation roadmap – there are a number of new product ideas at various stages of development. We need someone to champion innovation at Scope from initial idea stage through to proof of concept, with the specific focus on the diversification of supporter revenue.
This person must be obsessed with insights and analysis, be agile in their approach and ruthless with their analysis, be well versed in digital marketing and technologies, and be a highly self-motivated, collaborative and entrepreneurial spirited individual who welcomes constructive feedback, and uses failure to drive continued improvement.
The successful individual will be capable of writing business cases that detail the required investment and ROI forecasting. Scope has a defined income generating innovation process for new product development, which is being continually reviewed and refined.
Main responsibilities and accountabilities
- Manage the development of new income generating products
- Continue to develop and refine Scope’s innovation process, and a toolkit that sits alongside it for all staff use
- Advise, support and train other teams within MFC and across Scope in innovation
- Champion innovative thinking and methodology across MFC
- Ensure Scopes audience segmentation, profiling and analysis is at the forefront of all innovation work
- Ensure any innovation analysis and follow up recommendations are strategically sound, accurate, useful and insightful.
- Where applicable, to draw on wider organisation and outsider expertise and insights.
- Work closely and collaboratively with team heads and external/internal innovation partners/boards.
- Lead effective and engaging monthly team meetings
- To recruit, manage and develop staff within Scope’s HR and operational policies and procedures.
- To utilise volunteers appropriately within the department.
- To encourage and appreciate staff who support Scope outside of their job role by volunteering in shops, events or services or by other discretionary efforts
- Event management
Mandatory for all staff
- To work seamlessly across department or team boundaries in a collaborative and constructive manner to implement Scope's strategic direction.
- To demonstrate a commitment to customer service excellence and deliver against the requirements of Scope’s quality framework.
- To work within Scope’s policies and procedures at all times.
- Marketing, Fundraising and Communications Senior Leadership Team
- Staff and volunteers across Scope
- All internal teams with supporter innovation requirements and opportunities
- Marketing suppliers and contractors
- Corporate partners and other funders
- Customers of our shops and services
- Donors and supporters
- Agencies and innovation think tanks