Online customer services assistant job description
Job title: Online customer services assistant
Reports to: Online sales manager
Salary: £15,075 per year
Department: Retail and communities
To raise money to support Scope’s work by:
- Supporting the work of the Online sales division
- Contributing to the online sales department making a significant profit to support Scope’s work
- Providing customer support to external online sales customers
- Answering queries from internal customers/ shops
- Achieving and maintaining a top rated seller status
- Actively promoting Scope whenever possible
- To support Scopes volunteers to be able to make a valuable contribution to the work of Scope.
- Be an excellent role model and create a positive environment so that all colleagues working within the online sales department feel motivated and valued.
- Join area meetings, retail events and training as required.
- Ensure daily tasks are carried out in line with the Scope policies and procedures.
- Respond to external customers in a professional and timely manner, resolving any issues to ensure a top rated seller status of 95% or above is achieved.
- Efficiently handle all queries from internal customers/shops.
- Order all the packaging materials for the Online sales operation.
- Produce KPI reports as required.
- Comply with Scope’s policies and procedures.
- Complete all relevant administration on time and in accordance to Scope’s policies and procedures.
- Notify the Online sales manager in the event of a break in, suspected theft or security incident (this includes suspected dishonesty by colleagues or volunteers).
- Maintain a safe environment that protects all colleagues or volunteers and comply with all health and safety regulations as per Scope’s policies and procedures.
- Report any maintenance or health and safety issues in the online working environment.
- IT, Marketing and Digital departments at Here East (head office).
- Divisional managers, area managers, divisional support manager, shop managers, drivers, and operational and support staff in the field
- Logistics companies, community organisations, volunteer providers and the Probation Service.
Knowledge and experience
- Experience of working in a similar role.
- An awareness of online sales through leading platforms and auction sites
- Demonstrable understanding of the social model of disability
- Working within retail or service industry with particular regard to customer service and contact, working in a team environment, basic administration and simple analysis
- Able to work efficiently within a team to create and maintain a positive and enthusiastic team.
Skills and competencies
- Computer literate – to include Microsoft word and excel. Ability to quickly grasp Scope’s IT systems and be able to work accurately at a fast pace.
- After training, has a basic knowledge Health & Safety and Fire regulations to identify potential risks.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Demonstrates ethical behaviour, respects diversity and acts fairly.
- Able to be flexible and respond positively to change.
- Flexible to travel to training, occasional meetings if requested.
- Understands and supports Scope’s social model of disability, what Scope does and Retail’s contribution to Scope.
- Ability to take responsibility for your own development and learning
- Supporting Scope: Positive and optimistic about what we can achieve and shows this in how they do their job every day.
- Taking responsibility: Deals positively with change.
- Solving problems: When problems arise finds and deals with the root cause.
- Valuing customers: Engage with customers on their terms, using different approaches to suit the situation.
- Working as part of a team: Open to feedback and reflects on information given.