Online sales lister job description
Job title: Online sales lister
Reports to: Online sales manager
Salary: £17,500 per year
Department: Retail and communities
- Contribute to the online sales department making a significant profit to support Scope’s work.
- Research and identify items to sell online.
- List items online.
- Actively promote Scope whenever possible.
- To support Scopes volunteers to be able to make a valuable contribution to the work of Scope.
- Spot trends and opportunities to promote Scope, the online sales operation and stock donations in the local community.
- Be an excellent role model and create a positive environment so that all colleagues working within the online sales department feel motivated and valued.
- Join area meetings, retail events and training as required
- Make sure daily tasks are carried out in line with the Scope policies and procedures
- Achieve profit targets by maximising sales through on line listing
- Research and select donated stock prior to listing
- Completing high quality listings which provide accurate photography and detailed descriptions of items
- Price stock or set a minimum reserve for an item in line with research or Scope guidelines
- Adhere to gift aid procedure when processing gift aided donations
- Prepare sold items for posting in a safe and cost effective way
- Work to daily targets for listing quantity and quality
- Keep up to date and comply with Ebay’s and other company’s policies on items which cannot be sold
- Keep the online sales working environment safe, clean and welcoming tocolleagues, volunteers and visitors
- Complete all relevant administration on time and in accordance to Scope’s policies and procedures
- Notify the Online sales manager/ Retail area manager/ Head of Portfolio in the event of a break in, suspected theft or security incident (this includes suspected dishonesty by colleagues or volunteers)
- Provide a safe environment that protects all colleagues or volunteers and comply with all health and safety regulations as per Scope’s policies and procedures
- Report any maintenance or health and safety issues in the online working environment
- The role requires continuous manual handling of stock, in volume on a daily basis. It will require a reasonable level of fitness and exertion, including carrying stock on a regular basis
- Comply with Scope’s policies and procedures
- To supervise and encourage team members to maximise their potential through continuous learning whilst challenging and dealing with under performance.
- To recruit, manage and develop staff within Scope’s HR and operational policies and procedures
- To make appropriate use of volunteers within the department
- Lead effective and engaging monthly team meetings
- The area manager, divisional support manager, shop managers, drivers, and operational and support staff.
- Logistics companies, community organisations, volunteer providers and the Probation Service.
Knowledge and experience
- Experience of working in a similar role as a lister
- Able to apply commercial acumen to drive sales.
- An aware ness of online sales through leading platforms and auction sites
- Working within retail or service industry with particular regard to customer service and contact, working in a team environment, basic administration and simple analysis
- Possess a keen eye for detail when photographing and creating listings
- Able to work efficiently within a team to create and maintain a positive and enthusiastic team.
- Understands and supports Scope’s social model of disability, what Scope does and Retail’s contribution to Scope.
- Demonstrable understanding of the social model of disability
- Ability to take responsibility for your own development and learning.
Skills and competencies
- Computer literate – to include Microsoft word and excel. Ability to quickly grasp Scope’s IT systems and be able to work accurately at a fast pace.
- Able to plan, prioritise and organise daily and administration tasks.
- Able to initiate, develop and accept new ideas to generate income within a short time frame
- After training, has a basic knowledge Health & Safety and Fire regulations to identify potential risks.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Demonstrates ethical behaviour, respects diversity and acts fairly.
- Able to be flexible and respond positively to change.
- Flexible to travel to training, occasional meetings if requested.
- Supporting Scope: Talk to team and others about how we can contribute to Scope’s strategic direction.
- Taking responsibility: Demonstrates the ability to take responsibility, shows concern for the customer and to do what they say they will do.
- Solving problems: Support team to develop new ideas and change things for the better within my unit.
- Valuing customers: Engage with customers on their terms, using different approaches to suit the situation.
- Working as part of a team: Manages differences constructively, dealing effectively with conflict and valuing diversity.