Parent adviser job description
Job title: Parent adviser
Salary: £24,000 per year
To manage a case-load of customers, supporting and empowering them, ensuring that all programme KPI’s are met.
Be a designated safeguarding lead for the service and report any safeguarding issues both internally and externally as required.
- Conduct a thorough initial assessment of all customers joining the programme to understand fully their support needs
- Develop a SMART goal based action plans that clearly show how the customers support needs will be addressed
- Measure, record and track “distance travelled” for each customer in caseload and ensure that an evidence based approach is adopted to recording the customer journey
- To work collaboratively within the team to provide support where needed in to ensure KPI’s are achieved
- Be the designated safeguarding lead and report any safeguarding issues both internally and externally as required.
Mandatory for all staff
- Work seamlessly across department or team boundaries in a collaborative and constructive manner to implement Scope’s strategic direction.
- Demonstrate a commitment to customer service excellence and deliver against the requirements of Scope’s quality framework.
- Work within Scope’s policies and procedures.
- National delivery managers
- Local delivery managers
- Team managers
- Cross department including, Digital, Research and Marketing colleagues
- Safeguarding Team
- Customers and third party contacts
- Organisations - private, public and third sector who can support and enhance the delivery of the national service.
- Local Authority safeguarding teams
- Maintain links with other organisations in relation to safeguarding and wellbeing of customers and staff.
Knowledge and experience
- Experience of providing emotional support to others in a professional capacity
- An understanding of the support needs of parents of disabled children
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Effective IT Skills including use of all Microsoft Office Products
- Good time management skills and ability to work independently
- Ability to offer empathy without taking over and have a non-judgmental attitude
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and to operate within the policies and procedures of Scope including but not limited to, confidentiality, safeguarding and equal opportunities.
- Understanding and demonstrable experience of safeguarding both children and adults.
- Willingness to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Check (DBS – formerly CRB)
- Understanding of the social model of disability
- Professional qualification or proven experience in relevant field
- Lived experience of disability (minimum of two years)
Scope core values
We are ambitious and determined to drive change. We focus on the impact we have. We innovate and strive for better, pushing ourselves and our boundaries.
We are single-minded in our desire to achieve equality. We are bold, challenging the status quo, ourselves and each other. Not afraid to fail fast and learn quickly.
We connect and collaborate internally and externally, to create a fairer society. We’ll listen and share, tapping into the expertise of others.
We are transparent about what we do and how we do things. Creating supportive, accessible environments – building trust with each other and our customers to achieve more.
We make sure everyone has a fair chance. We value and respect each other’s expertise and diversity. We take responsibility for what we do and support each other to succeed.