Parent Adviser person specification
Job title: Parent adviser
Reports to: Team manager
Department: Customer strategy and experience
Salary: £12,000 per yearJob description
Good level of general education - A level or equivalent
Knowledge and experience
- Lived experience of disability (minimum of two years)
- An understanding of the support needs of parents of disabled children
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Effective IT Skills including use of all Microsoft Office Products
- Experience of providing mentoring or similar support
- Good time management skills and ability to work to offer empathy without taking over and have a non-judgmental attitude
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and to operate within the policies and procedures of Scope including but not limited to, confidentiality, safeguarding and equal opportunities.
- Willingness to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Check (DBS – formerly CRB)
- Understanding of the social model of disability
- Professional qualification or proven experience in relevant field
Skills and competencies
- Communication Skills – verbal, written, on-line
- Presentation Skills
- Self – Starter, prioritises own work load
- Data collection and analysis
- Administration, training or management qualification
Scope core values
We are ambitious and determined to drive change. We focus on the impact we have. We innovate and strive for better, pushing ourselves and our boundaries.
We are single-minded in our desire to achieve equality. We are bold, challenging the status quo, ourselves and each other. Not afraid to fail fast and learn quickly.
We connect and collaborate internally and externally, to create a fairer society. We’ll listen and share, tapping into the expertise of others.
We are transparent about what we do and how we do things. Creating supportive, accessible environments – building trust with each other and our customers to achieve more.
We make sure everyone has a fair chance. We value and respect each other’s expertise and diversity. We take responsibility for what we do and support each other to succeed.