Job title:Senior Retention Fundraiser
Reports to:Supporter Engagement planner
Location: Here East, Stratford, London preferred with flexibility to travel.
Salary: £31,000 to £33,000 per year
Over the next four years Scope’s services will directly reach two million people, driving change for many of the 14 million disabled people in the UK.
Scope depends on support from many hundreds of thousands of people to achieve strategic goals. This includes people donating money, volunteers giving time, people signing up to campaigns, and many more.
The new strategy diversifies income generation to drive financial supporters from a wider portfolio.
The supporter development team plays a vital role in delivering amazing experiences to all of Scope’s individual financial supporters, to keep them supporting Scope for longer, for more ways and by giving more.
Specifically, the supporter development team generates over £9m of unrestricted income for Scope’s work from existing supporters by:
- Managing direct marketing campaigns to retain and develop existing supporters to maximise their life time value.
- Providing an insight-led, audience-focused and rewarding supporter experience that is grounded in bringing about social change.
- Ensuring all campaigns are compliant, on budget, brand and schedule.
- To understand Scope’s different audiences and to ensure all communications are inspiring and relevant to each audience.
- To find new ways to start and continue conversations with supporters to continually develop insight and increase engagement.
- To stay updated on activity across the sector, and use this insight to contribute to Scope’s supporter development strategy.
- To review the performance, opportunities and risks of the existing products.
- To implement a test and learn approach to optimise journeys, particularly focusing on the onboarding of new supporters and product-specific engagement opportunities.
- To manage the relationship with external suppliers, managing the regular reports, conducting quarterly planning sessions, and being the lead contact for day-to-day activity.
- To take responsibility for project managing a range of supporter development campaigns from inception through to evaluation to generate funds and increase the engagement and affinity of existing supporters
- To be responsible for numerous Direct Marketing campaigns each year. You will use a variety of channels including direct mail, telemarketing and email to offer different ways of engaging audiences with the gaming products, incorporating the right balance of cause/prize throughout.
- To be the project lead on all your campaigns, coordinating a number of different stakeholders and suppliers, making sure everyone is aware of their own deadlines and responsibilities, and that income targets are met.
- To ensure each fundraising campaign has a strong and genuine story at its heart, and to take responsibility for sourcing that story if necessary and to offer insight-led supporter-focused feedback throughout the creative process.
- To review and manage online supporter content to ensure the online platform is delivering a relevant and user-friendly experience for supporters.
- To work with telephone agencies to convert fundraising appeals into compelling telephone conversation guides/scripts. To work closely with telephone fundraisers throughout each campaign – providing inspiring training, closely monitoring calls and encouraging fundraiser feedback.
- To manage project budgets, ensuring campaigns are fulfilled as cost-effectively as possible, negotiating costs down with suppliers
- To raise purchase orders and process invoices via our financial processing system.
- To coordinate data selections and be responsible for managing complex data for marketing purposes.
- To ensure data is handled sensitively and confidentially, and is GDPR compliant.
- To implement and follow procedures for monitoring fundraising compliance. Including call listening, mystery shopping and shadowing
- To take responsibility for ensuring all printed communications are compliant with the Fundraising Regulator and Gambling Commission codes of practice
- To take the lead on Gambling compliance across the organisation, ensuring our licence is updated wherever necessary and taking responsibility for the monthly submissions and annual returns to the Gambling Commission.
- To update mailing campaign results weekly and provide a final dashboard of analysis after eight weeks.
- To present the final analysis to all relevant stakeholders, and to work together to develop a test and learn programme.
- To measure telemarketing campaigns against targets daily and work with the agency to improve wherever possible.
- To work with Digital to improve the metrics for analysing emails and online content, and to provide quarterly reviews of emails to wider team.
other supporter focused-teams in Marketing, all managers across Marketing, Fundraising and Communication and other key contacts at Scope.
Scope supporters and customers, members of the public, suppliers (for example agencies) and membership bodies, for example Institute of Fundraising, Customer Experience etc.
Knowledge and experience
- Direct experience of campaign managing a range of direct marketing activities including direct mail, email and telephone.
- Experience of success in delivering results as set out in a departmental budget.
- Experience of managing external agencies and internal stakeholders to deliver successful campaigns.
- Experience of monitoring and reporting of results and other financial data, including Google Analytics.
- Experience of working with data for fundraising purposes, either in using a database to select and segment data or of producing briefs to do so.
- Experience of influencing other members of staff and external agencies
- Experience of presenting to a range of audiences including senior members of staff.
- Experience of working to a busy schedule, managing a number of campaigns simultaneously
- Experience of using supporter insight to influence successful direct marketing.
- Working knowledge of fundraising compliance and data protection regulations
- Experience of writing compelling fundraising copy
- Experience of managing a budget.
- Demonstrable understanding of the social model of disability
Skills and competencies
- Ability to apply effective numeracy skills in entering and recording financial data, interpreting, analysing and presenting financial data in clear and accurate format to meet desired outcomes.
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills to understand, interpret and present complex information in a clear and persuasive way for a range of audiences.
- Proven ability to build, manage and develop positive relationships within an organisation and externally, and achieve objectives through these relationships.
- Well-developed ability to successfully negotiate with others to achieve desired outcomes.
- Ability to plan, monitor and implement projects/events/initiatives to agreed deadlines often with conflicting priorities.
- Proven ability to demonstrate initiative and creativity to achieve desired out
We are ambitious and determined. We innovate and strive for better. Bold and challenging of the status quo, ourselves and each other. We listen and share, tapping into the expertise of others. We are transparent about what we do and how we do things. We create supportive and accessible environments. We value and respect each other’s expertise and diversity, taking responsibility for what we do to support each other to succeed. We are single minded in our desire to achieve equality.