Service support technician job description
Job title: Service support technician
Reports to: Service support team leader
Team: Digital, technology and data
Direct reports: None
Budget/Resource responsibility: None
Overall purpose of Role:
The Technology Service Desk is the central point of contact for all Technology Services related incidents and service requests. The role of the Service Desk Support Technician is to provide first line support for all staff at Scope, both the Head Office, Regional centres and Retail locations. The Service Desk Support Technician is responsible for logging incidents and service requests and resolving support requests ensuring that service levels and targets are achieved.
The Service Desk Technician is also responsible for meeting customer satisfaction and continuous service delivery demands. Service Desk staff work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment which provides services over the phone, through email, through Skype for business, in person (for walk-in customers) and self-service. To proactively identify service improvements and form part of the project team delivering end user device / infrastructure / networking upgrades. To support the Digital and Data team in regards to the new platform, plus users as Scope becomes a digitally enabled organisation.
Main responsibilities and accountabilities
- To provide support for staff in the use of a range of software applications such as MS 365, Azure, Dynamics, EPOS systems and gift aid technologies
- To provide support for staff in the operation of a range of hardware including printers, laptops/tablets and other external peripherals
- To ensure resources within the HQ meeting rooms and “sheds” are supported and have updated “How To” online instructional material to reduce call rates and enable staff to become more self-sufficient.
- To deliver where required inductions and basic training for new members of staff in the use of Technology provided by Scope.
- To manage loan equipment so that it is in good condition and available to staff and volunteers. Operating a booking system and reservation system for these items and maintaining an inventory.
- Ensure calls and tickets are dealt with within an appropriate time frame and closed to the satisfaction of staff.
- Respond to requests for support from computer users in line with departmental procedures and priorities, including both hardware and software support and one-to-one user-interaction as required.
- Follow Scope’s light-touch ITIL processes and procedures, assessing opportunities for change and working as a team to implement.
- Represent Digital, Technology and Data to the end user, identify trends and provide service improvement plans to own and implement as a team.
- Work with the Azure Infrastructure and Info Sec Teams to maintain optimum network performance.
- Work with Technology’s Partner in regard to connectivity, telephony and end user device management.
- Work with the Digital, Data and Transformation team on the new platform, creating appropriate support procedures where necessary in BAU activities
- Take ownership of tasks assigned and meet day to day objectives
- Propose additions and/or amendments to existing Technology processes and procedures as appropriate.
- Contribute toward team work and provide cover for colleagues within the team in their absence
- Support the work of the Service Support Team Leader as necessary
- Be part of the change management process / CAB where necessary
Mandatory for all staff
- To work seamlessly across department or team boundaries in a collaborative and constructive manner to implement Scope's strategic direction.
- To demonstrate a commitment to customer service excellence and deliver against the requirements of Scope’s quality framework.
- To work within Scope’s policies and procedures at all times.
- Technology suppliers such as the new managed service partnership, CRS, BT Assist, plus others as per request from management