Sessional play and inclusion worker job description
Job title: Sessional play and inclusion officer
Reports to: Activities for All team leader, Leeds
Location: Leeds and areas around Leeds
Salary: £9.50 per hour
Direct reports: None
Budget/Resource responsibility: NonePerson Specification
Overall purpose of the role
The role will provide one-to-one support, enabling disabled children to access universal activities of their choice and whenever possible in their local community. The short-term support offered encourages universal settings to become fully inclusive to all children and offers support to individual children to become integrated into those settings and become more independent.
- This role is a flexible role and is not full time; it can fit around studies or another job. Working hours are usually between 1 and 2 hours per session plus time to complete the appropriate paperwork.
- Working with Scope’s Activities for All service to offer information and support to universal settings in order for them to become inclusive to all children
- Where appropriate offer individual one to one support to disabled children to access activities of their choice
- Act as a link person between the child’s family the setting
- Act as a link person between the setting and Activities for All
- Ensure all appropriate paperwork is completed in an accurate and timely manner
- Ensure that all support is delivered in line with Scope’s policies and procedures and in particular Safeguarding policies and procedures are adhered to.
Mandatory for all staff
- To work seamlessly across department or team boundaries in a collaborative and constructive manner to implement Scope's strategic direction.
- To demonstrate a commitment to customer service excellence and deliver against the requirements of Scope’s quality framework.
- To work within Scope’s policies and procedures at all times.