Team Leader job description
Job title: Employment Team Leader
Reports to: Employment Team Manager
Salary: £28,000 per year
Location: Leeds with travel as required (Leeds/Yorkshire and occasionally to head office in London)
Direct reports: up to 8
To support the Employment Team Manager for the Leeds services by taking responsibility for the line management of a team of Employment and Partnership Advisors providing effective supervision, coaching and guidance to these staff. Ensuring the service KPI’s are met and reports are completed as required for internal/external use.
- To work collaboratively within the team to provide support where needed in line with key performance indicators to ensure service targets are achieved
- To line manage staff to ensure that monthly team KPI’s are achieved.
- To lead on a designated service consulting at all times with the Employment Team manager on any issues that may arise
- To lead on local relationships with other network organisations to support the achievement of all targets
- To work collaboratively within the team to provide support where needed in line with annual key performance indicators to ensure programme outcome targets are achieved
- To promote a culture of high standards, expectations and continuous improvement that values and empowers staff
- Any other duties as required to support the delivery of the services
- To supervise and encourage team members to maximise their potential through continuous learning whilst challenging and dealing with under performance.
- To support the Employment Team manager to recruit, manage and develop staff within Scope’s HR and operational policies and procedures
- To make appropriate use of volunteers in the department
- Lead effective and engaging monthly team meetings based on the Scope team meeting template, reporting back on key issues and questions raised
Mandatory for all staff
- To work seamlessly across department or team boundaries in a collaborative and constructive manner to implement Scope’s strategic direction
- To demonstrate a commitment to customer service excellence and deliver against the requirements of Scope’s quality framework.
- To work within Scope’s policies and procedures.
- National Delivery Managers
- Employment Team Managers
- Extended Customer and Strategy team
- Human Resources/Finance/IT and other support teams as required
- Customers and third party contacts
- Organisations (Private, Public and Third Sector who can support and enhance the delivery of the National Employment Service)
Knowledge and experience
- Demonstrable experience in the employability field
- Demonstrates a proven track record in management capabilities
- Takes a management perspective with an open outlook and willingness to work across boundaries
- Demonstrates a facilitative style to build and maintain effective internal and external relationships
- Excellent communication skills, strong organisational skills and experience in a customer facing role
- Ability to be flexible, respond positively to change, and work effectively under pressure and deal with conflicting priorities
- Experience in a communications, campaigns, marketing or customer service role
- Have some experience of interviewing people face to face, over the phone or by email
- Demonstrable understanding of the social model of disability
- Excellent working knowledge of IT including Word for Windows, Excel and PowerPoint. Must be able to use email and the internet and be proficient in the use of digital applications to support our customer journey
- Professional qualification such as IAG Level 3, equivalent or proven experience in relevant field
- Ability to evidence distance travelled and customer success using different software applications including CRM systems