Scope Role Models
Role models is closed
Our role models programme is now closed. For further information, please get in touch.
We are sorry for any inconvenience this will cause.
About role models
Scope Role Models is a programme which offers free personal, social and health education (PSHE) sessions on disability to secondary schools in London and Leeds. 89% of students felt less awkward about disability after attending.
Sessions are hosted by a Scope member of staff and a disabled role model volunteer. They consist of:
- a talk about how attitudes and stereotyping affect the lives of disabled people
- question and answer time with the students.
Benefits of Scope Role Models sessions
The sessions can:
- dispel myths and change perceptions
- promote confidence and positive attitudes
- build a more open, welcoming learning environment
- support disabled students and those with disabled friends or loved ones
- add value to your school’s PSHE and Citizenship curriculum
- enhance spiritual, moral, social and cultural (SMSC) development
- create greater diversity, inclusion and mutual respect.
We recommend booking at least 6 weeks in advance.