Donating goods to our shops
You can donate goods to your local shop or drop them off at one of our clothes banks. Donating your pre-loved items is a great way to do good and help fund our vital work.
Donations we accept
- Fashion: Clothes, shoes and accessories.
- Homeware: Vases and soft furnishings.
- Electricals: TVs, washing machines and fridges.
- Entertainment: Games consoles, instruments, CDs, DVDs and vinyl's.
- Books: All genres.
- Furniture: Sofas, dining tables and chairs. Fire labels are needed for upholstered items.
- Fitness equipment.
Find a shop or clothes bank near me
You can make your donations go that little bit further with Gift Aid. If you are a UK taxpayer, you can Gift Aid your donations. This gives us an extra 25p on every pound we make on your donations. Plus it doesn't cost you a penny.
How your donations help
Your donated items raise vital funds helping us provide practical advice and emotional support to disabled people and their families.
Each bag of donations we receive is worth around £20, that means:
- 25 bags can help support a family, like Elara’s, through our Sleep Right service
- 150 bags can help us run our Kickstart or Starting Line service for a week
- 1,500 bags can help run our Sleep Right service for over 12 weeks
- 15,000 bags will pay for us to support member of our online community for 44 weeks
- 150,000 bags can help us run all our family, employment and information and advice services for a year