Event terms and conditions
- You commit to raising the minimum sponsorship for Scope for the event you have registered for. If you are unable to meet the minimum sponsorship, you may choose to make up the balance yourself or you may lose your place.
- For all events, your full minimum sponsorship amount must be paid to Scope within 6 weeks of the event date.
- For events with a minimum sponsorship over £700, at least 30 per cent of your minimum sponsorship should be paid to Scope 6 weeks before the event.
- If you do not take part in the event, any sponsorship money raised will be treated as donations unless your sponsors contact Scope directly for a refund.
- You agree to raise all money using legal methods and complying with the advice given in the fundraising pack.
- You understand that Gift Aid is not included in your minimum sponsorship. The money raised from Gift Aid is a valuable bonus for Scope.
- You confirm that, to the best of your knowledge, your general state of health and fitness is good, and you take full responsibility for your training. You take part in this event at your own risk.
- You confirm that you will be the minimum age required to take part in the event. For more information on age requirements for specific events, please email email@example.com.
- All funds raised for Scope through the event will be made payable to Scope.
- You give Scope permission to use any photographs or videos taken of you at this event, to raise awareness or money for Scope's work with disabled people.
- You agree to the terms and conditions set out by the event organiser for the event you are involved in. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for these for your specific event.
- You agree that Scope may share your details with the event organiser.
- You understand that your registration fee is not refundable and includes VAT.
- By signing up, you agree that the Scope Events team can contact you by email and phone about your participation in the event you have registered for. This is only for the purpose of communicating essential event information.
IRONMAN Own Place Terms and Conditions
- You are responsible for purchasing your own place in IRONMAN via the IRONMAN website.
- You are solely responsible for paying your own costs in connection with this event.
- Scope will reimburse 100% of your IRONMAN registration cost, once at least £1000 of cleared funds has entered the Scope account.
- Scope is only able to reimburse you after the event has taken place, have received proof of purchase and all the sponsorship monies. We will only make a single reimbursement. Scope is only able to reimburse you directly.
- You will keep evidence of payment of your entry fee (such as receipts) and will provide this documentation to the Scope Events Team.
- All funds raised through the Challenge must be payable to Scope in pounds (sterling).
- You will ensure that your sponsors know that the sum of your sponsorship monies, up to the cost of your entry fee, will be reimbursed to you.
- Should you, for whatever reason, not take up your place, all sponsorship forms and monies collected should be forwarded to Scope or returned to your sponsors. You will not be able to claim reimbursement of any of the entry fee from Scope.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that you are sufficiently fit to take part in this event and if you are in any doubt about this, you will seek advice from your own General Practitioner.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, Scope does not accept responsibility for any liability, loss, death, injury, damage or claim which may arise as a result of your participation in this event, whether in relation to injury or loss to yourself or to any other person.
- You have provided Scope certain information about you and consent to Scope using this data. We will keep your details on our database, so we can provide you with the best possible support every time you contact us.
- We do not sell or swap your details with any third parties, but to carry out our work we may need to pass your details to service companies authorised to act on our behalf.
- All participants, supporters and spectators, including friends and families who choose to attend the event confirm that they are happy for their names, video footage and photographs taken of them during the event to be used to publicise the event by Scope for commercial and fundraising purposes including, but not limited to marketing material, television broadcasts, social media, advertising, publications, and other documents that may be made available to the public.
- Any complaints can be made using our online feedback form, in writing to email@example.com or by phone on 0207 619 7270.
We cannot claim Gift Aid on a donation that you or a close family member makes towards your event sponsorship, as you are taking part in an event where Scope is contributing to your entry costs. This counts as a gift aid benefit. A close family member is defined as your spouse or civil partner, your parents, siblings, grandchildren and their spouses or civil partners.