As well as grants for utility debts, you can apply for a Further Assistance Payment. Some examples of the types of Further Assistance Payments you can apply for:
  • Council Tax debts
  • Other utility debt
  • Telephone debts
  • Household items
  • Boiler repairs or replacement
  • Bankruptcy deposits or Debt Relief Orders (DRO)
  • Funeral expenses
  • Rent debts

Seek money advice first

Only people who can provide evidence of their exceptional need will be considered for funding. It is strongly recommended that applicants seek money advice before applying for Further Assistance Payments. You can get money advice from your local Citizens Advice.

How useful is this page?