Caring for a disabled child can be tough. When you’re juggling work, household tasks and countless medical appointments for your child, there’s little time left for you. Many parents feel alone and unsupported.
How we can help you
Face 2 Face in Stoke is our free befriending service offering one to one emotional support for parents of disabled children or those with additional needs.
Is this for me?
If you are caring for a disabled child, it’s for you. You can use this service even if your child has not been diagnosed.
Who will I meet?
You’ll meet a befriender who is a trained listener, there for you if you want to laugh, cry or simply let off steam about your day. All our befrienders are parents of disabled children, so they know better than most where you’re coming from.
Face 2 Face is run by an experienced co-ordinator and all of our volunteer befrienders receive training and on-going support.
How do I start?
Just call 0792 1046511 or email email@example.com
We will introduce you to a trained befriender. Sessions take place in your home, or at a nearby location of your choice, and last around an hour. You might want to meet your befriender just once or twice, or for a few months. You and your befriender will decide what’s best for you.
Meet us at one of our drop-in sessions
- 9 October from 10am until 2.30pm Free art and craft class on Mondays during term at Angela’s Art Room, Fenton Town Hall.
- 10 October, 12.30pm to 2.30pm free tea/coffee at North Staffs Carers Duke Street, Fenton, ST4 3NR
- 13 October, 9.30am to 11.30am buy your own drinks at Floral Hall Café, Tunstall Park, ST6 6EE
- 16 October at 10am Free workshop for parents
- 17 October at 10am Free parent carer screening of “Dunkirk” at Odeon Festival Park.
- 18 October, 10am to 12pm free tea/coffee at West End Centre, 405 London Road, ST4 5AW
- 19 October at 10am at Brindley Farm, Eturia, ST1 5GP. Free £3.99 traditional or vegetarian breakfast for parent carers. Book a place with Denise.
- 24 October, 7pm to 9pm buy your own drinks at Costa Coffee, Festival Park, ST1 5SJ
- 28 October from 10am to 12.30pm Free family play session at The Brook Centre, Newcastle, ST5 2SU. Parent carer must stay and sibling is very welcome.31 October at 8pm Free dads/male carer evening at Milon, Market Street, Longton, ST3 1B Book a place with Denise.
- 30 October, 10am to 12pm free tea/coffee at Mitchell Art Centre, Hanley, ST1 4HG
- 7 November, 9.30am to 11.30am free tea/coffee at Landau, Waterside Drive, Newstead, ST3 3NW