Mevagissey Activity Centre: group activities for adults

Contact us

01726 212706
Mevagissey Activity Centre
Valley Road
PL26 6SA

These contact details are for this service. For everything else, email or call free 0808 800 3333.

Your support, your way
What would make a difference to you? Together we’ll make it happen so you can live the life you choose.
Read more on how we work with you.

What’s happening near you?

Find out more - links to Cornwall local content

Find out about events, fundraising, shops and services in and around Cornwall.

For all services in this location, see Scope in Cornwall.

I really enjoy everything I do here. I have played a mixture of sports and made some great friends. I try to help others if they are worried and still not sure about the move.
Tom from Cornwall

Volunteer with us

Scope is looking for volunteers to work with disabled children, young people and adults. You can support the day to day running of our centre or provide a creative activity or sport, either in our centre or in the local community. If you have a few hours a week to spare, we'd love to hear from you.

This service

Most things in life are more fun with a group of like-minded friends.

We give disabled adults the opportunity to try a full range of indoor and outdoor leisure and social activities. You’ll gain confidence, independence and learn new things.

Decide what you’d like to do and our staff will support you to make it happen. The types of activities you might try are:

  • sports, fitness or outdoor activities including Zumba and 5 a side football, swimming and hydrotherapy
  • creative arts, photography, woodwork, gardening
  • computer and iPad workshops
  • sing and sign
  • going to the pub, cinema or theatre
  • going to a gig or music festival
  • attending a football match
  • public transport training, familiarising with local buses services and confidence building
  • self advocacy groups

Is it for you?

Our group activities are for disabled adults with any impairment or condition. These include dysphagia, epilepsy, cerebral palsy, autism, physical impairments and learning difficulties.

You can pay using direct payments, personal budgets, private income or through the local authority.

Please get in touch. We’ll talk about what you want to do, and make a plan together to suit you.

Where we are based