We work in Partnership with NANSA (Norfolk and Norwich Scope Association) and also with funding received from Norfolk County Council, to provide activities and short breaks for children and young people with complex needs in Norfolk, to support families' respite.
We will support your son or daughter to take part in any activity, for example:
- Scouts or Guides - community groups for children and young people
- after school clubs
- meeting up with friends
- creative arts, drama and music
- sports and fitness
- going to the cinema
- involvement in your own community
With us, it’s so much more than just going to an after-school club. Your son or daughter will develop their confidence, independence and gain new skills. At Scope we never set limits on a child or young person's potential. Activities are individually tailored to the child or young person's wishes and aspiration for the future.
Is it for you?
We support children and young people up to 18 with learning disabilities and other conditions such as cerebral palsy, epilepsy, autistic spectrum disorders and behavioural needs and we can also assist with complex care/health needs. We are registered with CQC and are able to support with personal care and the administration of medication.
We will talk with you and your child to find out what’s important and how they need and prefer to be supported. Together, we’ll develop a support plan around the things they want to do, with a focus on what they’d like to achieve with one to one or two or one support.
Your support staff
We’ll find support staff who you and your child or young person will get on with.
Supporting families with disabled children for 60 years, we know just how much selecting friendly and supportive staff matters to you. We train our staff thoroughly to provide safe and quality support.
For further information, please call 01603 397980 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We run some of our Norfolk services in Partnership with NANSA which, as an independent charity, operates a number of its own services. Please see below for further information:
NANSA (Norfolk and Norwich Scope Association)
NANSA is a local independent charity which works in partnership with Scope to deliver some services. We also offer other services and activities for disabled people and their families. These currently include:
- School for Parents – pre-school skills sessions for children with motor learning disabilities and their parent/s
- Sense & Touch – pre-school learning programme for children with sensory impairments, their parents and siblings
- Starting Together – a joint project with Norwich Home-Start to support parents
- Youth & Transition Services - leisure and transitional activities for young people aged 11 to 25
- Train & Trade – Open College Network (OCN)-accredited work-based training for young adults in environments such as retail and catering outlets
- Learning and skills development programmes for disabled adults
For further information, please call 01603 397980, email email@example.com or visit www.nansa.org.uk.