Proudly supported by Virgin Media
Online employment support for disabled jobseekers
Support to Work offers advice to disabled people applying for jobs. This is an online employment service supported with telephone, Skype or text. It’s open to disabled people who:
- are of working age
- are looking for paid work
- have access to the internet, telephone and email
- and live in England or Wales.
Your own employment advisor
Our experienced advisors can support you with:
- employability skills
- CV guidance
- interview techniques
Using the service
Sign in to your Support to Work account to work on your action plan, see your appointments or send a message to your advisor.
How to register
Create a Scope account to register for Support to Work.
If you already have a Scope account, sign in and register for Support to Work.
Spaces are limited, and it’s not right for everyone, if you need additional information, please call us on 0300 222 5742 or email email@example.com.
A call to an 0300 number costs the same as a call to a normal home or business landline. All numbers that start with 03 are charged at the same rate as standard landline numbers that start with '01' or '02'. If your phone tariff offers inclusive calls to landlines, calls to 0300 numbers will also be included in the same way.
Your 12-week employment action plan
- You’ll speak to an employment advisor, who will create a confidential action plan and information tailored to your needs.
- We’ll keep your plan online, so you’ll need internet access.
- We’ll advise you on many aspects of applying for a job, but we won’t write a job application for you or find you work experience.
If you are already in work
Support to Work can’t help with job retention and workplace discrimination issues. But we’ll do our best to link you to other employment advice services.
Working with Virgin Media
Scope and Virgin Media are working together to support one million disabled people to get into and stay in work by the end of 2020. Find out more about Work With Me.