Stock the shelves with goodies, keep the tills ringing and spread some seasonal cheer in our Scope shop this Christmas.
About your role
You will help raise vital charity income in our Charity shop during the busy Christmas period. The money raised funds our work to achieve everyday equality for disabled people. As a volunteer Shelf-Elf you can spread seasonal cheer by:
- welcoming customers to the shop, answering customer queries or serving on the till
- taking care of a specific area of our shop, displaying and rotating stock such as toys, books, vintage or party-wear
- creating seasonal window and shop floor displays
Where and when
This role is based in our charity shops in Hull, Middlesbrough, Bexleyheath, Christchurch, Eastbourne or Crawley. This is a very flexible role. We’d love your help for as little as one hour a week in the run-up to Christmas but if you can give five hours, even better. And if you enjoy the role, there’s a chance to keep volunteering in the shop once Christmas is over.
There are no skills or experience necessary before you start volunteering in our shops. We welcome any volunteers who are interested in charity shops, passionate about disability equality, or just keen to meet new people or learn something new.
Skills you’ll gain
• Shop experience
• Customer service skills
• Working the till (if you want to)
• Getting stock ready to be sold
• Creating displays
• Team work
• Valuable experience for your CV
The support you will get
• Volunteer induction into Scope
• Relevant training
• One to one support and regular catch ups with your manager
• Pre-agreed travel expenses and, if you volunteer all day, lunch expenses too
• We will make accessibility adjustments to the role (if you need this)
Safeguarding is everyone’s responsibility. Scope is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and wellbeing of children and adults at risk, whether receiving services or being staff or volunteers. We expect all trustees, staff and volunteers to share this commitment.