PAT testing and electrical volunteer - Northampton
- Northampton, East Midlands
- Weekdays, Weekends
- Charity shop, Fundraising
- Team work
Minimum time commitment: 1 hour per week
Test and prepare electrical stock so that we can sell it in our shop and raise vital funds towards achieving equality for disabled people.
Key skills you'll gain
• Experience in a charity retail store environment
• PAT testing and working with electricals
• Team work
Why we need you
We need you to PAT test donated electrical items, so that we can ensure they’re suitable for sale. We will then sell them in our shop to raise money that funds our work to achieve equality for the 14 million disabled people living in the UK. You’ll be making a huge difference because, without your PAT testing help, it would be impossible for us to sell these donated items and we’d be missing out on a fundraising opportunity.
Where and when
This will be from our Northampton shop, 55-57 Abingdon Street, Northampton, NN1 2AW, and for a minimum of 1 hour per week.
How we will support you
• Volunteer induction into Scope
• Relevant training
• One to one support and regular catch ups with your manager
• Pre-agreed travel expenses and, if you volunteer all day, lunch expenses too
• We will make accessibility adjustments to the role (if you require this)
What we are looking for
We’re ideally looking for someone who already has some experience of PAT testing and working with electrical equipment. But don’t worry if you don’t have this experience, as we can give you the training that you need to get started.
What else you will gain
• Confidence and valuable experience for your CV
• A work-related reference
• Meeting a friendly team of volunteers and staff
Safeguarding is everyone’s responsibility. Scope is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and wellbeing of children and adults at risk, whether receiving services or being staff or volunteers. It expects all trustees, staff and volunteers to share this commitment.