Press and Marketing Volunteer Bexleyheath
- Bexleyheath, South London
- Weekdays, Weekends, Evenings
- Charity shop, Fundraising
- Team work, Raising awareness
Minimum time commitment: 3 to 4 hours each month
Engage with your local community to help raise awareness of our Scope shops.
Key skills you'll gain
- Talking to others
- Raising awareness
- Community engagement
Why we need you
Each local Scope shop needs to raise their profile in their local community to recruit more volunteers, generate stock and raise funds to support the vital work of Scope.
As a Press/marketing volunteer you’d help to:
- Edit press releases shared from the Scope press office so that they can be used locally.
- Build relationships with local media contacts and share local stories.
- Write content for Facebook and other social media platforms to promote our Scope shops.
- Arrange events, displays and talks to promote the local shop.
- Identify opportunities for the local shop to get involved in our national and local events to promote awareness.
Where and when
We are ideally looking for someone to commit to 3 to 4 days a month. This is a very flexible volunteer role and we can discuss the days and times that suit you.
You’ll be carrying out this role in your local community and at your local Scope shop at 125 The Broadway, Bexleyheath, DA6 7HF. There is also potential for the role to be home-based.
How we will support you
- Volunteer induction into Scope
- Relevant training
- Training to help you be a local media spokesperson
- Continual support and updates from the Scope Press Office
- One to one support and regular catch ups with your manager
- Pre-agreed travel and lunch expenses (if applicable)
- We will make accessibility adjustments to the role (if you require this)
What we are looking for
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Selling and diplomacy skills – for media work
- Ability to communicate with people at all levels
- Demonstrable experience of building links in the community or the ability to develop these links
- To work as part of a team
- Strong IT skills and experience of Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
What else you will gain
- A work-related reference
- Team work skills
- Confidence and valuable experience for your CV
Safeguarding is everyone’s responsibility. Scope is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and wellbeing of children and adults at risk, whether receiving services or being staff or volunteers.We expect all trustees, staff and volunteers to share this commitment.