Shoe and handbag department volunteer - West Hampstead
- West Hampstead, North London
- Weekdays, Weekends
- Charity shop, Fundraising
- Customer service, Team work
Minimum time commitment: 1 hour per week
Help raise essential charity income so we can achieve equality for disabled people.
Key skills you'll gain
- Shop experience
- Creating displays (visual merchandising)
- Getting stock ready to be sold
- Monitoring how well stock has been selling
- Customer service skills
Why we need you
We need your help in our shop’s shoe and handbag department so that together we can raise essential funds for our work. You’ll be responsible for taking care of a specific part of our shop. You’ll sort through newly shoes and handbags to find the gems, using knowledge of brands to help the shop team decide what prices to put on the items. You’ll also be putting newly donated shoes and handbags out on display, creating fun displays, keeping an eye on what’s been selling well, making sure enough items are for sale, and answering customer questions. Everything you do will be helping us to sell more in our shop and we’ll use the money raised to help us achieve everyday equality for disabled people.
Where and when
You will be based at our charity shop in West Hampstead, 214 West End Lane, NW6 1UU.
This is a very flexible role. We’d love your help for as little as 1 hour a week, but if you can give 5 hours, even better. We’re open 7 days a week, so chat to us about the hours and days that suit you.
How we will support you
- Volunteer induction into Scope
- Relevant training
- One to one support and regular catch ups with your manager
- Pre-agreed travel expenses and, if you volunteer all day, lunch expenses too
- We will make accessibility adjustments to the role (if you require this)
- You may be eligible to study for an NVQ in Retail, Customer Service or Team leading (if you volunteer for more than 16 hours a week and meet the eligibility criteria)
What we are looking for
We’re looking for someone who has an interest in shoes and handbags. If you have some knowledge of brands that could help us to spot the hidden gems among our donations, that would be even better.
What else you will gain
- Confidence and valuable experience for your CV
- A work-related reference
- Team work skills and the chance to meet new people
- Pride in knowing you’ve helped the UK’s 14 million disabled people
Safeguarding is everyone’s responsibility. Scope is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and wellbeing of children and adults at risk, whether receiving services or being staff or volunteers. It expects all trustees, staff and volunteers to share this commitment.