Volunteer Customer Service Assistant
Gain skills and help raise vital funds by volunteering in your local community.
About your role
This role is based mainly on the shop floor welcoming and interacting with customers, offering help with any questions they have and serving them on the till. Training on the till will be given so that you can provide excellent service to our loyal customers ensuring they have a great experience in store.
As well as selling items at the till point you may be asked from time to time to help with other tasks such as sorting donations, rotating stock and creating eye- catching window displays.
Where and when
You will be based at 142 Brighton Road, Coulsdon, Surrey, CR5 2ND. We’re particularly looking for volunteers to help on weekday afternoons or all day Saturdays, but we will always try to be flexible. We’d love your help for as little as one hour a week, but if you can give more time that would help us even more. Chat to us about the hours and days that suit you.
You don’t need special skills or experience to volunteer, just a positive attitude and a friendly approach to chatting with other people. We welcome anyone who is interested in charity shops, passionate about disability equality, wants to learn something new, or keen to meet people.
Skills you'll gain
- Customer service
- Till operation skills
- Retail sales floor skills and merchandising
- Stock management
- Health and safety
- Communication skills
- Valuable experience for your CV
- Experience in a large national disability charity
Support you’ll get
- Volunteer induction into Scope
- Relevant training to do your role efficiently and safely
- Access to a wealth of online training modules and videos hosted by Scope and Charity Learning Consortium
- Information on development opportunities such as NVQ training, Lead Volunteer opportunities and paid roles
- One to one support and regular catch ups with your manager
- Agreed out of pocket expenses (if you have any)
- Reasonable adjustments to make the role accessible to you
- A work-related reference for you
Safeguarding is everyone’s responsibility. Scope is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and wellbeing of children and adults at risk, whether receiving services or being staff or volunteers. It expects all trustees, staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Our shops teams are doing everything they can to support staff and volunteers to feel safe in store.
Volunteering at Scope
Scope is a disability equality charity providing practical information, emotional support and campaigning relentlessly for a fairer society.
As a Customer Service Volunteer you’ll help raise vital funds for our work towards achieving everyday equality for disabled people. You will make a real difference to disabled people and their families at a time of need.
We particularly welcome applications from disabled people. Equality and inclusion are at the heart of Scope’s mission. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment for volunteers.