Help raise essential charity income so we can achieve equality for disabled people.
Key skills you'll gain
• Getting stock ready to be sold
• Shop experience
• Steaming clothes
• Team work
Why we need you
We need your help behind the scenes in our shop, sorting donations and getting stock ready to be sold. You’ll help us with a range of tasks, including sorting donations, checking donations for rips and tears, steaming clothes, putting clothes on hangers, pricing and labelling items. Everything you do will be helping us to get more stock ready so that we can sell more in our shop. We’ll use the money raised to help fund our important work towards achieving equality for disabled people.
Where and when
You will be based in our charity shop at 236 Stamford Hill, London, N16 6TT.
This is a very flexible role. We’d love your help for as little as one hour a week, but if you can give five hours, even better. We’re open seven days a week, so chat to us about the hours and days that suit you.
How we will support you
• Volunteer induction into Scope
• Relevant training
• One to one support and regular catch ups with your manager
• Pre-agreed travel expenses and, if you volunteer all day, lunch expenses too
• We will make accessibility adjustments to the role (if you require this)
• You may be eligible to study for an NVQ in Retail, Customer Service or Team leading (if you volunteer for more than 16 hours a week and meet the eligibility criteria)
What we are looking for
This is an ideal role for people who might like to gain confidence behind the scenes. No experience is necessary for this role. We’re just looking for someone friendly and reliable.
What else you will gain
• Confidence and valuable experience for your CV
• A work-related reference
• Team work skills and the chance to meet new people
• Pride in knowing you’ve helped the UK’s 14 million disabled people
Safeguarding is everyone’s responsibility. Scope is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and wellbeing of children and adults at risk, whether receiving services or being staff or volunteers. It expects all trustees, staff and volunteers to share this commitment.