Make our shop sparkly clean so that we can be more successful in raising money for our services and campaigns that help achieve equality for disabled people.
Key skills you'll gain
• Cleaning in a professional context
• Experience in a shop
Why we need you
We need your help with cleaning tasks such as hoovering and mopping the shop floor and the back of house area, cleaning our kitchen and office surfaces, dusting shelves, and other general cleaning duties. Everything you do will be helping us to keep our shop open and looking attractive to potential customers so that we can raise more money towards achieving equality for disabled people.
Where and when
You will be based in our charity shop at 38 High Street, Aylesbury, Bucks, HP20 1SE.
This is a very flexible role. We’d love your help for as little as one hour a week, but if you can give five hours, even better. We’re open seven days a week, so chat to us about the hours and days that suit you.
How we will support you
• Volunteer induction into Scope
• Relevant training
• One to one support and regular catch ups with your manager
• Pre-agreed travel expenses and, if you volunteer all day, lunch expenses too
• We will make accessibility adjustments to the role (if you require this)
What we are looking for
This is an ideal role for people who might like to gain confidence behind the scenes, without the pressure of interacting with our customers. No experience is necessary for this role, though someone with cleaning skills would be a bonus. We’re just looking for someone hard-working and reliable.
What else you will gain
• Confidence and valuable experience for your CV
• A work-related reference
• Team work skills and the chance to meet new people
• Pride in knowing you’ve helped the UK’s 14 million disabled people
Safeguarding is everyone’s responsibility. Scope is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and wellbeing of children and adults at risk, whether receiving services or being staff or volunteers. It expects all trustees, staff and volunteers to share this commitment.