Volunteer window dresser - Lincoln
- Lincoln, East of England
- Weekdays, Weekends
- Charity shop, Fundraising
- Customer service, Team work
Minimum time commitment: 1 hour per week
Use your creativity to create engaging shop window displays that inspire people to come inside and spend.
Key skills you'll gain
- Creating displays (sometimes called visual merchandising)
- Shop experience
- Getting stock ready to be sold
- Team work
Why we need you
We need your help to create fun and engaging displays in our shop windows and in other parts of our retail store on the high street. You’ll get to choose which items to use in window displays and then you’ll arrange them creatively. Everything you do will be helping us to attract more customers to come inside our shop and buy things. We’ll use the money raised to help us achieve everyday equality for disabled people.
Where and when
You will be based at our shop located at 261 High Street, Lincoln, LN2 1HW.
This is a very flexible role. We’d love your help for as little as 1 hour a week, but if you can give 5 hours, even better. We’re open 7 days a week, so chat to us about the hours and days that suit you.
How we will support you
- Volunteer induction into Scope
- Relevant training
- One to one support and regular catch ups with your manager
- Pre-agreed travel expenses and, if you volunteer all day, lunch expenses too
- We will make accessibility adjustments to the role (if you require this)
What we are looking for
We’re looking for someone creative with a passion for creating displays. You’ll need to be reliable and work well as part of a team.
What else you will gain
- Confidence and valuable experience for your CV
- A work-related reference
- The chance to meet new people
- Pride in knowing you’ve helped the UK’s 14 million disabled people
Safeguarding is everyone’s responsibility. Scope is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and wellbeing of children and adults at risk, whether receiving services or being staff or volunteers. We expect all trustees, staff and volunteers to share this commitment.