Youth Community Collective
Scope's Youth Community Collective will bring together young people. The aim is to improve their local community for disabled people.
Who can join the programme
It’s for you if you:
- want to create a better community for disabled people
- live in: Cardiff, Leeds, Manchester, or Peterborough
- are a disabled or non-disabled young person
- are between 18 and 25 years old
Creating change in your local community
You will choose the challenges you want to take on in your local community. Scope will support you with bringing about change.
Get together with other like-minded people and make your local community better.
This could include:
- campaigning for disability rights
- making local events and venues more accessible
- starting a disability podcast, sharing insight and experiences
You and the group you are working with will initially meet every month. We will work with your group on the best format for these meetings.
Group meetings are where you design projects and act on issues that matter the most. Working as a team to achieve your goals.
You can use these gatherings to:
- invite guest speakers
- build your own projects
- share your progress
- solve problems
They are also a great way to meet new people, make friends, and widen your social networks.
Training and skills development
We will listen to where you want to develop your knowledge and skills to make positive change. Where possible we will connect you to training opportunities.