Parents Connect is a free 6-week programme, supporting parents and carers of young disabled people. We help parents and carers improve their wellbeing.
The service is for parents and carers who are:
- aged 18 or over
- the parent or carer of a child with additional needs, between the age of 0 and 18. You do not need a diagnosis.
- living in England or Wales
Accessing the service
You can apply for yourself or get a referral from a professional, such as a family support worker.
Group sessions with other parents and carers
Sessions will be in groups of up 6 to 12 parents or carers. There will be 6 parent sessions, usually 1 each week.
After you apply, we will try to find a time and date that will work for you.
Each session will:
- help you to prioritise your concerns
- give you the tools to plan what actions to take next
- encourage you to talk to others in the group
- provide you with information about local and national services
- last a couple of hours
Face-to-face or online
From 19 April 2022, we are offering face-to-face group sessions to parents and carers living in Leeds.
We continue to offer online support to parents and carers across England and Wales.
If you have any questions about these sessions, please get in touch at email@example.com.
Parents Connect customer
It was a valuable source of information and opened up our eyes to other things to help that we didn’t already know. To meet other families with similar struggles means you are not alone in this journey. Highly recommended.
Other online advice and support
You may be interested in our information about: