Celebrity and Influencer Engagement Manager
London - Closes on 11/05/2021
- Stratford, London (interim home working)
- £40,000 - £45,000 per year
- 35 hours per week (Monday to Friday)
- Full time, permanent
Working at Scope
- Be a disability gamechanger
- 27 days holiday per year
- Flexible working
- Discounts at gyms, restaurants and more
To lead the development and delivery of Scope’s Celebrity and Influencer engagement strategy to support Scope’s aim of Everyday Equality for disabled people.
This role will strengthen existing relationships and build new relationships with high profile supporters including patrons, ambassadors, disabled talent and influencers. These relationships will play an essential role in helping to grow Scope’s brand profile, support our fundraising activities and further our campaigning priorities.
Main responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Responsible for developing and delivering Scope’s strategy for working with high-profile supporters including patrons, ambassadors, disabled talent and influencers.
- Develop and implement stewardship approaches that strengthen and nurture our existing contacts, to ensure Scope has a portfolio of passionate, well informed and committed high profile supporters.
- Lead Scope’s engagement plans to identify and cultivate new relationships with a diverse range of high-profile supporters, who share our aims and values and will help us deliver our Everyday Equality strategy.
- Develop innovative and creative ideas to engage high profile supporters and raise awareness of Scope’s work.
- Provide expert and strategic advice and guidance to colleagues about how to appropriately engage and involve high profile supporters.
- Prioritise and manage the pipeline of requests from colleagues and external partners, for the involvement of high-profile supporters with projects, in line with Scope’s organisational plan.
- Plan and organise the role of high-profile supporters in Scope branded content such as photoshoots, filming or voiceover recordings.
- Project manage the engagement of high-profile supporters at Scope events or third-party events such as special fundraising events, performances, speaking or hosting opportunities, parliamentary receptions or media appearances.
- Ensuring high-profile supporters are appropriately briefed, supported and thanked when engaging with Scope activities.
- Develop and grow relationships and networks within the entertainment industry such as bookers, journalists, publicists, agencies.
- Be proactive in identifying events, social media trends, celebrity news relevant to Scope and maximise opportunities. Sharing ideas, best practice and insight with colleagues.
- Be accountable for reputation management issues involving high profile supporters, conducting due diligence, risk assessments and involving colleagues as necessary.
- Ensuring high profile supporters represent our values.
- Develop and implement evaluation processes to continually assess our approach to working with celebrities and influencers. Ensuring our partnerships are impactful and meaningful.
- Contribute to the development of the Communications strategy, team operational plans and team meetings.
- Follow Scope’s safeguarding procedures as required.
- Take ownership of the management and effective use of data, including data protection compliance where relevant.
- Work within Scope’s policies and procedures at all times
- Manage contracts with third parties as necessary.
- Act as an external ambassador for Scope.
Executive Leadership Team
All colleagues at Scope – this role serves the whole organisation (working closely with Strategy, Impact & Social Change, Marketing & Fundraising, Services and Retail)
Patrons and Ambassadors
Disabled people and their families
Corporate partners and other funders
Suppliers and contractors
- Experience of leading the development, implementation and evaluation of a successful celebrity or talent strategy for an organisation.
- Proven experience of managing relationships with a large number of high profile supporters, including celebrities, social influencers, campaigners and journalists.
- Significant experience of effective stakeholder management and designing and delivering effective stewardship plans.
- An experienced and consummate networker with established contacts in the entertainment, media and influencer sectors.
- A track record of good team working and evidence of working across multi-disciplinary teams to support the development of, and contribute to the delivery of, the overarching objectives and priorities of an organisation.
- Proven project management skills and organisation skills and an ability to prioritise and schedule a range of short-term, strategic and ongoing tasks.
- Experience of managing high-profile involvement at events and media interviews and overseeing photoshoots and filming.
- Experience of using social media as a cultivation, research and communication channel.
- Experience of providing strategic advice and guidance to senior staff and peers.
- Evidence of being adaptable and flexible to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience of advising on, managing and responding to reputational risks involving high profile individuals.
- Experience of developing and delivering high-profile supporter strategies within the charity sector.
- Experience of co-production.
- Knowledge of how large fundraising activities e.g. dinners, galas and events work at charities
- Knowledge of GDPR
Grade specific competencies
- Understanding of the social model of disability
- Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional judgement and analytical skills
- Demonstrates a facilitative management style, able to build and maintain effective internal and external relationships and resolve conflict where necessary.
- Demonstrates the ability to be flexible and respond positively to change
- Excellent prioritisation skills, works effectively under pressure and able to effectively manage conflicting priorities.
- Provides evidence of effective IT skills, particularly Microsoft 365
- Demonstrates a commitment to ongoing personal development.
- Ability to lead effective and engaging meetings.