Scope’s commitment to website accessibility
We are committed to making our website as accessible as possible, it is tested for accessibility every 3 months.
We want everyone to be able to us use it, no matter what their impairments and which technologies they use. This is part of our Everyday Equality strategy.
We have created the site taking best practice web accessibility guidelines into account, including WCAG 2.0, WCAG 2.1 and BS 8878.
Adapting your experience to your needs
We have made the site as usable as we can, but you might have a better experience if you change the settings on your computer to suit your individual needs.
For example you might change the site’s colours, increase the text size, or have the site spoken aloud.
For help customising your experience using accessibility features already on your computer, or by installing extra assistive technologies, try these sites:
Known problems with this site’s accessibility
We know that there are some accessibility problems with this site, and we are going to fix them as soon as we can.
We are currently working to fix:
- Some websites we link to may not have been tested for their accessibility
- Some of our older PDF documents may not work correctly with screen readers
- Most but not all of our videos are understandable by people with vision impairments without audio-description
- In Advice and Support Calculate Your Benefits, there are problems of seeing the focus and tabbing order in the calculator. You may experience similar issues on the linked page at Turn2Us
- In Advice and Support Grants Checker Tool, there are problems of seeing the focus and tabbing order in the tool. You may experience similar issues on the linked page at Turn2Us
- In Advice and Support Budget Planner, there are problems of seeing the focus and tabbing order in the planner. You may experience similar issues on the linked page at Money Advice Service
- When using Firefox, the Jobs Search page may not function correctly with the “use current location” feature, this problem does not occur in other browsers
If any of these problems stop you getting the information or service you need from our site, please contact us and we will be happy to help you.
January 2020 testing included 28 pages, with tests carried out on mobile devices and on PCs with Chrome 79, Firefox 72 and Internet Explorer 11 and Non Visual Desktop Access (NVDA).
Problems resolved since October 2019
- Focus is not clear when it lands on the video Play button. A new focus colour is used for video content.
Contact us if you have problems using this site
We are always looking to improve the accessibility of our site, so if you find anything on the site difficult to use please let us know using this form.
To help us understand the problem as quickly as we can, please tell us:
- the web address or title of the page where you found a problem
- what the problem is
- what computer and software you use.
All constructive feedback about the accessibility or usability of our site is welcome and we promise to consider it carefully.
This accessibility statement was last updated in January 2020 and follows the advice on accessibility statements in British Standard BS 8878.