An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and commercially minded Customer Insight Executive to join an amazing pan-disability charity, to lead, drive and develop projects and internal relationships and be a part of a customer focused team to ensure insight is fundamental in delivering the very best products and services for our customers and supporting our consultancy projects.
Main responsibilities and accountabilities:
This is an exciting and challenging role with great scope for development. You will be actively involved in managing research projects from start to finish, with personal responsibility for smaller projects, and supporting people at all levels of the organisation with more complex projects, including direct liaison with internal clients.
The role will primarily be based at Scope’s office in Stratford, East London and may require some travel to external events and locations.
Customer and Market Insight Manager (Reporting to)Insight team – Market and Audience Insight Lead, Panel Lead, Panel Executive
Strategy, Evidence and Insight department
Strategy, Insight and Social Change directorate (including Policy, Campaigns and Communications)
Services – Employment, Family, Cross-theme
Marketing, Fundraising, Digital, and Delivery
Corporate Partnerships – Insight consultancy
Existing customers of Scope services and products
Scope website and community users
Panellists – Current and potential
Corporate partners and charities Scope work with
Software providers – Insight related
- Excellent analytical ability
- Knowledge of Quantitative methodologies
- Knowledge of Qualitative methodologies
- A strong interest in all areas of Market Research
- Online research experience essential, preferably through an agency environment
- Is currently managing the full life cycle of a project from writing the questionnaire, scripting, analysis, reporting and presenting
- Self-motivated with the ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to work within a team
- Outstanding communication skills both orally and written
- The ambition to get involved with all aspects of our organisation is essential
- The candidate should be well organised and with initiative
- Excellent people skills and keen to engage
- Being able to learn new software is also important.
Qualifications - Desirable
- MRS Diploma, social science degree or other recognised research qualifications
Knowledge and Experience
- Experience of working in research, ideally within an Insight function
- A good working knowledge of market research methodologies
- An interest in developing research experience in the social research sector.
- Lived experience of disability
- Demonstrable understanding of the social model of disability
- Experience using market research field software
Skills and Competencies
- Great communication skills and a strong grasp of the English language; you will be responsible for engaging with our customers
- Excellent attention to detail and a high degree of numeracy
- Exceptional organisational skills as well as the ability to work under pressure; able to work flexibly and manage workloads according to business demands
- Good IT knowledge and experience on Microsoft projects, especially using Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, ideally some knowledge of PowerBi, SharePoint and Teams
- Self-motivated with the ability to work on own initiative and hit the ground running
- Practical experience of qualitative and quantitative research methods
- Understanding of project management techniques
Grade Specific Competencies
- Contribute effectively and engage in team meetings
- To utilise volunteers appropriately within the department.
Mandatory for all staff
- To work seamlessly across department or team boundaries in a collaborative and constructive manner to implement Scope’s strategic direction
- To demonstrate a commitment to customer service excellence and deliver against the requirements of Scope’s quality framework.
- To work within Scope’s policies and procedures.