Head of Brand and Marketing
Here East with flexibility to work at home some days per week - Closes on 28/06/2021
- Stratford, London
- £65,000 - £70,000 per year dependent on experience
- 35 hours per week (Monday to Friday)
- Full time, permanent
Working at Scope
- Be a disability gamechanger
- 27 days holiday per year
- Flexible working
- Discounts at gyms, restaurants and more
You will develop and lead the charity’s brand and marketing strategy. This will mean working alongside Scope’s Executive team, Leadership Group, Trustees, co-production teams, external agencies and suppliers. Your purpose will be to drive greater public knowledge of the charity leading to deeper levels of engagement, greater action and a significant increase in income.
Main responsibilities and accountabilities
- Working with the Executive Director, you will lead the development of the brand and marketing strategy, you will increase external brand knowledge, understanding and engagement. You will achieve this through the development and delivery of high-quality and informative advertising campaigns.
- You will provide strong leadership of the Brand and Marketing team, and ensure they work collaboratively and productively. You will oversee the team building trusted and positive working relationships with Directors, Heads and teams across Scope.
- You will lead Scope’s marketing function, providing professional advice and expertise to other teams. You will design, implement and report on integrated, audience-led creative advertising, market research, marketing plans and campaigns.
- You will champion the use of brand knowledge and audience-focused marketing across the charity supporting colleagues to deliver work that works.
- You will provide engaging and motivating leadership, coaching, management and development of direct reports.
- Head of Public Fundraising
- Head of Digital and Data
- Head of Communications
- Head of Campaigns and Policy
- Executive Director of Retail and Communities
- Executive Director of Strategy, Impact and Social Change
- Executive Director of Services
- Peers and colleagues in Services, Retail and SISC
- Finance and HR business partners
- Brand and creative agencies and consultants
- Specialist freelancers – copy, design, film, animation
- Media agencies
- Media partners
This is a very important role for Scope and one which requires a high level of emotional intelligence and significant practical experience in a household name charity, blue chip or challenger brand.
The Head of Brand and Marketing needs to be a strong and capable team leader, someone who has worked closely with Chief Executives and Directors. You will need to be confident in making your case at Board level and giving and receiving feedback about your work and the work of your team. You must be resilient and comfortable with being highly accountable.
You will need to show strong initiative, integrity and be able to take decisions independently on behalf of the charity. You will be able to work collaboratively, adapt your style and approach accordingly and recognise when and where to involve others in decision-making.
In this role you will need to have the knowledge, vision and expertise to develop both the function and the team, leading by example and bringing your colleagues along on the journey.
- Previous brand leadership experience within a high profile or innovative brand including rebranding, sub-brand development, creative and content development.
- Experience of developing, implementing and evaluating brand and marketing strategies and operational plans which have created shifts in the awareness, engagement and income generating capacity of an organisation.
- Expert at translating organisational and marketing objectives into brand strategies and appropriate tactics.
- Enjoy building constructive and collaborative relationships at a high level, able to negotiate, influence and build credibility.
- Track record of successfully motivating and leading creative teams to deliver interesting and engaging work.
- Understanding of inclusive design and accessibility.
- Confidence in developing and managing departmental budgets knowing when to delegate to teams and when to manage oneself.
- Confidence in running tender processes and decision-making on which external agencies, consultants, and suppliers to use.
- Lived experience of disability.
- Experience of working in a social welfare or disability setting/charity.
- Practical experience of co-production in delivering marketing campaigns.
- Understanding of the social model of disability.
Qualifications (if applicable)
- There is no need for formal or professional qualifications to do this role although you will need to provide evidence of a commitment to continued professional development.
Skills and competencies
- A proven high level of professional creativity, doing things in new ways, testing new approaches, being courageous and pioneering is absolutely central to success.
- Confident communications, interpersonal and consultative skills.
- Proven ability to think creatively with significant experience of encouraging creativity and innovation amongst colleagues with demonstrable results.
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills with a good mix of evidence- based decisions balanced with pragmatism, innovation, flexibility and common sense.
- Ability to prioritise and deliver high quality work with minimum supervision, to be able to multi-task under pressure and bring people along on key decisions.
- Team development skills, ensuring the team are motivated, supported and managed to meet their potential.
- Financially astute, numerate, and analytical – able to confidently manage and show the outcomes from seven figure budget spend.