London - Closes on 02/09/2021
- Stratford, London
- £30,000 per year
- 35 hours per week (Monday to Friday)
- Full time, Six Months Fixed Term Contract
Working at Scope
- Be a disability gamechanger
- 27 days holiday per year
- Flexible working
- Discounts at gyms, restaurants and more
As the Public Fundraiser, you will work as part of the Community & Events Team to deliver our exciting and ambitious strategy. The Community & Events team deliver a variety of innovative events and are committed to providing the best experience possible for all the wonderful supporters who choose to raise funds for Scope’s work. This is an exciting time to join the team to support with the delivery of two, new virtual fundraising events and help deliver our calendar of Autumn challenge events as mass participation challenges are re-established.
Main responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Be the first point of contact for new enquiries, ensuring supporters receive excellent customer service to enable them to participate in events and support Scope
- Support the team across our key events and projects including London Marathon, our two new virtual products and our community fundraising programme.
- Keep accurate records on the fundraising database and other event management systems.
- Represent Scope’s brand and ensure an excellent supporter experience at events.
- Work with the Finance and Database teams to accurately process income and expenditure.
- Develop and plan supporter journeys that deliver excellent stewardship and build lifetime value for Scope.
- Work with the Community and Events team to create compelling content for stewardship and marketing comms.
- Work closely with the Retail department to support them with in-store fundraising initiatives.
- Build relationships and work collaboratively across the department to ensure overall success of projects.
- Contribute to team strategy, plans and development, improving efficiencies across all areas of work.
- Continually innovate to progress and improve the projects that you work on.
Staff across Scope including Marketing, Social media, Corporate, Finance, Database, Services and Retail teams
Events team volunteers
Event providers and partners
Suppliers of merchandise and materials
- A minimum of one year’s experience working in Community & Events fundraising.
- Strong customer service skills and a proven track record of maintaining a high standard of customer service.
- Experience working with Databases.
- Ability to collaborate and build strong relationships both internally and externally
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of office programmes including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Experience of working effectively under pressure and dealing with conflicting priorities.
- Demonstrable understanding of the social model of disability.
- Experience of working with Raiser’s Edge.
- Experience using email marketing platforms.
Skills and Competencies
- Good problem-solving skills with ability to react quickly and manage any issues
- Ability to identify gaps, trends and opportunities, making recommendations and driving ideas through to implementation
- Creative and innovative
- Works proactively to achieve objectives
- Undertake appropriate personal development to maintain and develop skills and knowledge