Service Support Technician
- Stratford, London
- £27,500 per year
- 35 hours per week (Monday to Friday)
- Full time, permanent
Working at Scope
- Be a disability gamechanger
- 27 days annual leave
- Generous pension
- Discounts at gyms, theatres, shops and more
The Technology Service Desk is the central point of contact for all Technology Services related incidents and service requests.
Service Support Technicians provide first line support to all staff at Scope in the head office, regional centres and retail locations. They are responsible for logging incidents and service requests and resolving support requests ensuring that service levels and targets are achieved.
They are also responsible for meeting customer satisfaction and continuous service delivery demands. Service Desk staff work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment which provides services over the phone, through email, through Skype for business, in person (for walk-in customers) and self-service.
Proactively identify service improvements and form part of the project team delivering end user device, infrastructure and networking upgrades. Support the Digital and Data team in regards to the new platform, plus users as Scope becomes a digitally enabled organisation.
- Provide support for staff in the use of a range of software applications such as MS 365, Azure, Dynamics, EPOS systems and gift aid technologies
- Provide support for staff in the operation of a range of hardware including printers, laptops/tablets and other external peripherals
- Ensure resources within the HQ meeting rooms and “sheds” are supported and have updated “How To” online instructional material to reduce call rates and enable staff to become more self-sufficient.
- Deliver where required inductions and basic training for new members of staff in the use of Technology provided by Scope.
- Manage loan equipment so that it is in good condition and available to staff and volunteers. Operating a booking system and reservation system for these items and maintaining an inventory.
- Ensure calls and tickets are dealt with within an appropriate time frame and closed to the satisfaction of staff.
- Respond to requests for support from computer users in line with departmental procedures and priorities, including both hardware and software support and one-to-one user-interaction as required.
- Follow Scope’s light-touch ITIL processes and procedures, assessing opportunities for change and working as a team to implement.
- Represent Digital, Technology and Data to the end user, identify trends and provide service improvement plans to own and implement as a team.
- Work with the Azure Infrastructure and Info Sec Teams to maintain optimum network performance.
- Work with Technology’s Partner in regard to connectivity, telephony and end user device management.
- Work with the Digital, Data and Transformation team on the new platform, creating appropriate support procedures where necessary in BAU activities
- Take ownership of tasks assigned and meet day to day objectives
- Propose additions and/or amendments to existing Technology processes and procedures as appropriate.
- Contribute toward team work and provide cover for colleagues within the team in their absence
- Support the work of the Service Support Team Leader as necessary
- Be part of the change management process where necessary
Mandatory for all staff
- Work seamlessly across department or team boundaries in a collaborative and constructive manner to implement Scope's strategic direction.
- Demonstrate a commitment to customer service excellence and deliver against the requirements of Scope’s quality framework.
- Work within Scope’s policies and procedures at all times.
- Technology suppliers such as the new managed service partnership, CRS, BT Assist, plus others as per request from management
Knowledge and experience
- Previous experience of working in IT Support Role
- Proven ability to find faults and provide remedial action to systems
- Proven ability to analyse trends and create service improvement plans
- Competent knowledge and use of 365 and previous versions
- Proven ability to work to tight deadlines
- Proven ability to liaise and communicate effectively with staff at all levels of an organisation and external contacts (eg: suppliers) / to resolve problems within set timescales
- Excellent communication and negotiating skills
- Working knowledge of Windows 10 and Windows 7 Operating Systems
- Working knowledge of Active Directory and Group Policy
- Ability to demonstrate understanding of IT System security issues (virus protection, data integrity)
- Service Desk or Desktop support experience
- Ability to provide support remotely using tools such as SCCM, SysAid, etc.
- ITIL v3 foundation
- Service Desk Training by the Service Desk Institute
- MCSA, MCSE, MCP, MCITP
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Windows desktop operating systems including Bitlocker and Direct Access
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite including Dynamics, Visio and Project
- Knowledge of other common Microsoft technologies such as Office 365, Skype Telephony, Exchange and Terminal Services
- Knowledge of ADSL routers and firewalls, printers and other common computer equipment
- Knowledge of MS Lync, SharePoint and SCCM
- Experience of working in an educational or services environment.
- Experience of working with assistive technology.
- Understanding of the social model of disability
- Understanding of the basics of Azure, Power BI and data analytics
Good level of general education. Maths and English at GCSE grade C and above.