Service Support Technician
- Stratford, London
- £27,500 per year
- 35 hours per week (Monday to Friday)
- Full time, permanent
Working at Scope
- Be a disability gamechanger
- 27 days annual leave
- Generous pension
- Discounts at gyms, theatres, shops and more
The Technology Servicedesk plays a vital part to supporting Scope in achieving its objectives. The role of the Servicedesk support technician will be to provide first line support to all Scope staff in all offices including all Scope Retail shops.
The Servicedesk support technician is responsible for logging all calls that come in to the Servicedesk and ensuring that service levels and targets are achieved. Scope is a friendly, customer focused organisation and the Servicedesk support technician will be responsible for ensuring that customer satisfaction and service delivery demands are met and that all incidents and requests are resolved to completion.
- Support staff on a range of software applications such as Microsoft Office 365, Skype for business and Microsoft teams.
- To provide hardware support for staff for laptops, tablets printers and other peripherals.
- To provide audio-visual support in all HQ meeting rooms and sheds and ensure that all equipment is working.
- Maintaining an inventory of all loan equipment and ensuring that all loan equipment is kept in good condition and software updated.
- Ensuring all emails and calls, including Walkins are logged on the ticketing system and dealt with appropriately within the timeframe and SLA's.
- To liaise with suppliers and technology partners and raise tickets regarding incidents as and when required.
- To take ownership of all tasks assigned and to meet day to day objectives.
- To work as part of a team and contribute and cover colleagues within the team in their absence.
Grade specific competencies
Mandatory for all staff
- Work seamlessly across department or team boundaries in a collaborative and constructive manner to implement Scope's strategic direction.
- Demonstrate a commitment to customer service excellence and deliver against the requirements of Scope’s quality framework.
- Work within Scope’s policies and procedures at all times.
- Technology suppliers such as the new managed service partnership, CRS, BT Assist, plus others as per request from management
Knowledge and experience
- Previous experience of working in IT Support Role
- Proven ability to find faults and provide remedial action to systems and applications
- Competent knowledge of administrating and using Microsoft Office 365, Skype for Business, Microsoft teams and other Microsoft applications
- Proven ability to work to tight deadlines
- Proven ability to liaise and communicate effectively with staff at all levels of an organisation and external contacts (eg: suppliers) / to resolve problems within set timescales
- Excellent communication and negotiating skills
- Working knowledge of Windows 10 and Windows 7 Operating Systems
- Working knowledge of Active Directory and Group Policy
- Ability to demonstrate understanding of IT System security issues (virus protection, data integrity)
- Service Desk or Desktop support experience
- Ability to provide support remotely using tools such as SCCM, SysAid, etc.
- ITIL v3 foundation
- Service Desk Training by the Service Desk Institute
- MCSA, MCSE, MCP, MCITP
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Windows desktop operating systems including Bitlocker and Direct Access
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite including Dynamics, Visio and Project
- Knowledge of other common Microsoft technologies such as Office 365, Skype Telephony, Exchange and Terminal Services
- Knowledge of ADSL routers and firewalls, printers and other common computer equipment
- Knowledge of MS Lync, SharePoint and SCCM
- Experience of working in a Charity
- Experience of working with assistive technology.
Good level of general education. Maths and English at GCSE grade C and above.