Doncaster - Closes on 28/10/2021
- 35 hours per week
- Full time, permanent
Working at Scope
- Be a disability gamechanger
- 35 days holiday per year in Retail
- Excellent training and career development
- Company pension
- Discounts at gyms, restaurants and more
To ensure that all daily movement of stock at Furniture and Electrical stores is undertaken safely and is accurately recorded. To ensure stock is stored safely and tidy with all sold items removed from the store floor and replaced as soon as possible after the sale.
Main responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Receive van drivers’ stock and organise where all collections should be placed.
- Check collection sheets to ensure that all jobs are completed.
- Enter the reason for non-collection on the van driver’s docket for the Store Manager’s attention.
- Contact all ‘non-collection’ donators to apologise, thanking them for their donation. Amend details on the driver’s form.
- Ensure all collections comply with Scope’s Job procedures.
- Check stock for fire labels and its condition for sale. If stock is below acceptable standards, ask drivers to dispose of it.
- Log items in the appropriate way (using dual stickers with stock number included). If an item consists of a number of parts e.g. table and chairs, all parts should be stickered with a completed price ticket. Stock numbers to be entered on the collection docket.
- Items should be stored safely in an orderly fashion (in the warehouse or store floor as appropriate).
- Ensure that drivers are issued with delivery dockets every day.
- Store sold stock in daily picking areas for ease of retrieval/delivery.
- Ensure that drivers have the correct stock for every delivery docket issued.
- If drivers return with undelivered items, the warehouse operative should inform the manager and rebook the job. Items should be stored in an appropriate area.
- Be responsible for the preparation of deliveries / customer collections and assist drivers with the safe and careful van loading of stock.
- Ensure sold items are removed from the store floor as soon as possible after each sale.
- Ensure that sold items are divided into delivery days and stored in a sold goods area/customer collection area.
- Avoid damage to stock ensuring all parts of the items are kept together and clearly marked with the customer’s name, delivery/collection date and docket number.
- Spaces on the store floor need to be replenished quickly, ensuring replacement stock is clean and ticketed.
Customer collections and donations
- Assist customers carrying stock to their vehicles and sign their receipt marking it collected.
- Assist customers bringing in donations. Follow the same procedure as store collections.
- Allocate space within the storage area, split into:
- Daily delivery bays.
- Refurbished White Goods suppliers.
- New Goods.
- Electrical items.
- Overstocks by Department.
- Ensure stock is stored in the correct area and in a safe manner.
- Ensure that all tickets are easy to read when identifying specific items.
- Ensure that donated electrical goods are stored in three sections:
- Awaiting all tests.
- Function tested but awaiting PAT Test.
- Available stock that has both been function and PAT tested and cleaned.
- White goods to be stored in same manner but may be in a different area.
- To be trained in PAT testing and test items on a regular basis as required.
House keeping and General duties
- Ensure the warehouse is kept clean and tidy at all times. All stock should be stored according to Health & Safety guidelines.
- The role will require a high volume of manual work that includes moving stock.
- Assist in all cleaning, construction and preparation of stock prior to display on the store floor.
- Dispose of un-saleable / damaged stock according to policies and guidelines, ensuring that confirmation is received from the Store Manager, and that the relevant register is endorsed.
- Encourage all staff to adopt a positive work ethic. Behave in a respectful and professional manner towards one another.
- Comply with all Scope’s procedures, including Health and Safety regulations.
- Promote and process Gift Aid according to the Scope’s policy.
- Manage a team of volunteers to help achieve all of the above
Specific tasks assigned
Mandatory for all staff
- Attend and undertake any relevant key training workshops, events or meetings as required, playing an active role and carrying out all actions required following the events.
- Must be willing to work in other F&E shops occasionally if requested
- In line with the Shop Operating manual fully act and take responsibility of the duties assigned to a shop key holder.
- To work seamlessly across department or team boundaries in a collaborative and constructive manner to implement Scope’s strategic direction
- To demonstrate a commitment to customer service excellence and deliver against the requirements of Scope’s quality framework.
- To work within Scope’s policies and procedures.
Head of Furniture & Electrical, Area Manager
Other Shop Managers
Other office staff.
Other external organisations.
- Good standard of education
Knowledge and experience
- Experience of working within a warehouse in a large retail organisation if not training will be given.
- Previous experience of stock control.
- Proven organisational and prioritising skills.
- Ability to be flexible, respond positively to change, and work effectively under pressure and deal with conflicting priorities.
- Demonstrable understanding of the social model of disability
- Knowledge or understanding of UK electrical compliance policies.
Skills and competencies
- Good written and numerical skills to be able to carry out written and numeric administration tasks.
- Ability to communicate well with the general public and external customers.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service in an efficient manner.
- Ability to initiate ideas/solutions to encourage more sales and generate more stock.
- Be able to lift and/or bulky items.