This guide is for you if your support package - sometimes called a personal or individual budget - has been cut or changed. It's a guide for adults with social care needs. There are different rules for children.

To get started, select the statement that best matches your situation:

In many cases, the law will be on your side. You can complain to your local authority.

If that doesn't work, you can ask the Ombudsman or in some cases the court to decide if they think it's fair.

This guide: