Coronavirus: information and updates

Self-employment support during coronavirus

The Self-Employment Income Support Scheme will continue until 30 September 2021.

If you are not eligible for the scheme, you may be able to apply for other support, such as benefits.

Self-Employment Income Support Scheme

Check if you can claim a grant covering May 2021 to September 2021.

The Self-Employment Income Support Scheme (GOV.UK)

Check if you can claim

To check if you’re eligible, use the Government’s online tool. Your tax agent or adviser can do this on your behalf.

You’ll need your:

  • Self Assessment Unique Taxpayer Reference (UTR) number
  • National Insurance number

Check if you can claim Self-Employment Income Support (GOV.UK)

Government support if you’re self-isolating

Test and Trace Support Payment scheme is available in England. If you have to self-isolate but cannot work from home and you meet the criteria, you could get a single payment of £500 on top of any benefits you receive. Local authorities will be responsible for the payments.

You are automatically eligible if you receive any of these benefits:

  • Universal Credit
  • Pension Credit
  • Working Tax Credits
  • income-related Employment and Support Allowance
  • income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
  • Income Support
  • Housing Benefit

Claiming financial support under the Test and Trace Support Payment scheme (GOV.UK)

Other support

You may also be able to get help with your Council Tax.

Council Tax support 

Money worries can be stressful and hard, it’s also important to get emotional support if you need it.

Mental health and coronavirus

Scope’s online community

Last reviewed by Scope on: 07/07/2021

Was this page helpful?

We're sorry to hear that.

Tell us how we can improve it

Need more help with money?

Opens in a new windowOpens an external siteOpens an external site in a new window