Gift Aid

Gift Aid is a way for charities to claim back the tax you have paid on the amount you donate.

For every £1 you donate to Scope, we get an extra 25p back from the Government, and you don't pay any extra.

You only need to sign up once, then future gifts to Scope are covered for as long as you like. We can even claim the tax on gifts you've made in the last 4 years.

Complete a Gift Aid declaration

You can download a Gift Aid Declaration form and send it to us in the post or by email, or contact our Supporter Care team for help.

Gift Aid declaration form (PDF)


Here East Press Centre

14 East Bay Lane

E15 2GW

0300 222 5708

Eligibility for Gift Aid

You are eligible for Gift Aid if you are a UK income or capital gains taxpayer.

The maximum amount all charities (and community amateur sports clubs) can claim back between them is the total amount of income or capital gains tax you pay.

Higher rate tax payers

Please sign up even if you are a higher rate taxpayer, we can still claim back tax at the basic rate of 25%. You can claim back the difference between the higher and basic rate of tax on your donation yourself.

For example, if you donate £100 to Scope, we get a total of £125 and you can claim £25 yourself.

You can claim the difference by including your donation on your Self Assessment tax return, by filling in a P810 form, or by asking HMRC to change your tax code. You can also choose to donate the rebate to a charity of your choice.

Government advice on Gift Aid

If the amount of tax you pay changes

If things change and you no longer pay enough income or capital gains tax to cover the amount claimed by Scope, you can cancel your declaration by contacting our Supporter Care team.

Related content