Support going on holiday
Helpful organisations that provide accessible venues, financial help and care support for disabled people looking to go on holiday.
- The Disabled Holiday Directory is an online directory of organisations and venues that cater for disabled people (including supported overseas holidays).
- Tourism for All UK (TFA) is an independent charity supporting leisure and tourism opportunities for all. TFA provides information about places where care is available.
- Disaway Holidays organises group holidays for physically disabled people. The trust provides a helper who looks after the needs of one holidaymaker, assisting with washing, dressing, toileting and general support.
- Revitalise is a national charity that specialises in short breaks throughout the year for disabled adults and children (aged 6 and older) and their carers. The charity has holiday centres around the UK, and also offers holidays in Spain and Germany. All Revitalise centres are registered as personal care centres and most are also registered as nursing care centres. However, the charity does not have the resources to provide holidays for people who are bed-dependent or who have uncontrolled epilepsy, learning difficulties or mental health problems.
- The Calvert Trust runs outdoor adventure activities in the countryside. These activities help disabled children and adults, along with their families and friends, to fulfil their potential. The trust has 3 purpose-built centres with full-board or self-catering accommodation around the UK, offering a range of sports and recreational activities.
- The Jumbulance Trust is a small, national charity which makes travel possible for disabled and other disadvantaged individuals with life-limiting conditions through group disabled coach holidays across the UK and Europe.
- Phab Clubs Wales create opportunities for children and adults of all abilities to enjoy life together by supporting a network of 11 clubs throughout Wales, offering activities and holidays that members can share and enjoy together.
Check out our online community for tips on days out and suggestions for accessible holidays.