Sleep tips for adults
Problems falling asleep, staying asleep and getting good sleep can stem from a variety of causes. Here are some helpful tips on how to improve your sleep at this time:
- Avoid checking social media or the news just before bed.
- Switch off screens an hour before you want to sleep.
- Plan to do a thing you enjoy every day.
- Try to get outside if you can and if it’s safe with social distancing.
- Try to escape into a book.
- Connect with people and keep talking.
- Try a power nap as 20 minutes may perk you up.
- Decide with a partner, family member or friend that you will chat every day about normal, non-virus stuff.
- Use mindfulness or meditation before going to sleep.
If you’re not sleepy, do not stay in bed. Wait until you’re tired, so you fall asleep more quickly. This avoids creating a pattern of insomnia where you spend too much time in bed awake.
Read FeedSleepBond’s blog
Chat to people in our online community
Last reviewed by Scope on: 11/02/2021
Was this page helpful?