British Sign Language interpreters
We have teamed up with Sign Solutions to be able to offer British Sign Language (BSL) interpreters, through the InterpretersLive service.
InterpretersLive on PC and laptop
You can access the service from your desktop PC or laptop by using the Starleaf video portal. No set up required.
InterpretersLive on mobile and tablet
You can access the service on your mobile or tablet using the InterpretersLive App. You can watch Sign Solutions 'Getting started' video or use the instructions below.
The Starleaf and InterpretersLive apps are available from the following stores.
Apple app store
Google play store
Creating a free Starleaf account
To use InterpretersLive, you will need to register for a Starleaf account. Here is what you need to do.
- Go to your App store and search 'Starleaf'.
- Download the Starleaf app and open it.
- Choose the device you wish to use.
- Register your email. You will be sent a 6 digit code. When you are asked, enter this into the app.
- Enter your details, this will include your name and mobile number.
- You will be asked for access rights, like using the camera and mic on your phone or tablet.
You now have a Starleaf account.
Getting started with InterpretersLive!
- Go to your app store and search 'InterpretersLive'
- Download the InterpretersLive App.
- Follow the on-screen instructions or visit Sign Solutions FAQ for help
Making your first call:
- Click the 'Calls' button.
- In the search bar enter firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Click 'Start a video call'.
InterpretersLive is available from 8am to midnight, 7 days a week. Our service opening times will vary, see services for details.
You will need an internet connection and access to any of the following:
- A Windows desktop, laptop or Mac
- An Android phone, tablet, iPhone or iPad.
You can use the service with any of these browsers:
- Google Chrome version 46 or later
- Mozilla Firefox version 45 or later
- Opera version 39 or later.
If you are using Safari 9 or Internet Explorer 11, you will be prompted to download a plugin.
Problems connecting to the service
If you are having trouble connecting to the InterpretersLive service, make sure you meet the requirements.
Still having trouble? You can contact Sign Solutions for help.