Scope's online community is for anyone with an interest in disability. We hope it will be a useful place to share information and ideas.
The community is not intended as a source of professional or medical advice and support.
The opinions expressed on the community do not reflect Scope policy.
Keep it friendly
We want our community to be a safe and supportive place.
Please make sure your messages respect others’ views and suggestions, even if you do not agree with them.
Please be careful what you say. Not everyone shares the same sense of humour!
Keep it safe
Please be careful about sharing information.
- Always check that information is correct and appropriate.
- Do not present opinions as facts.
- Share reputable sources of information.
You are free to talk about your feeling and emotions. But please do not share content that might have a dangerous impact on others. For example, if it encourages or provides information about ending someone’s life.
Content we do not allow
Scope reserves the right to remove any messages that breach our community rules. We may remove a post if we think it might be:
- impersonating someone
- against the law
- harassing, inaccurate, defamatory, abusive, disrespectful, offensive, pornographic, racist, sexist, threatening, vulgar, obscene, hateful or otherwise inappropriate
- dangerous to others
- crowdfunding or asking for money
- infringing copyright
- personal information not suitable for public viewing like address, email or phone number
- not relevant to the community
- medical advice
Protect yourself and others online
Please join us in keeping the Scope community a safe, supportive place for people to talk and swap ideas.
Please let us know if you feel behaviour is threatening or disturbing.
Report any discussions that could compromise our community’s safety.
Here are some resources you may find useful:
Terms and conditions
Read the full terms and conditions for using this website.